Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Monday, February 10, 2014

Painting

During the kids' Christmas break, I found a new hobby. My girls are always wanting to do a craft, and as you know, I love art. I have taught it for grade school kids and, of course, you all know that at one time I designed fabric. However, I have not picked up watercolors since high school. What started as some fun afternoons, quickly became a passion. This sunflower is for my sister Christy.
This painting of Anna in her Christmas dress is the first bit of art I did.
The hot air balloons are probably my favorite painting. I did this one for my assistant Audrielle. She just had a baby. Something about painting is so relaxing and I can pray for the person while I am painting. The time for one painting takes me anywhere from a few hours to a few weeks.
My mom loves roses. I painted this one for her. It's now framed and hanging on her kitchen wall.

This is my sister Julie with her new baby.

I forgot to scan these tulips before I framed them.
Here is a picture of our farm before a storm. I painted this for my husband's birthday this past weekend. It's big! 16 x 20, and won't fit on my scanner.

And in case you need a quick recipe for a yummy ice cream cake, try this one.

I hope you enjoyed my paintings. There are a few more, including the banner on this blog.

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
1 Corinthians 13:1-3

Love,
xoxo

7 comments :

Gill said...

Wow Melissa!! these are wonderful - I like them all!

Missy Shay said...

Your paintings are beautiful!

Linda said...

Wow!

Marla's Crafts said...

Very nice. I used to paint also. I stopped the year I was so sick with cancer and that was ten years ago. I was also quite good at it. I am not sure why I quit but one of these days I need to get back at it. But right now very busy with sewing which I also enjoy.

Patty said...

You are so talented!

Patty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Evan ChengChos said...

Thank you for sharing in this article
I can learn a lot and could also be a reference
I hope to read the next your article updates
obat pembesar penis vimax asli

Related Posts with Thumbnails