Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

New Mini Pattern: My First Bag

I'm so excited to show you the mini pattern that was just released today! It's the second in the Learning to Sew series, My First Bag!
 This simple bag pattern is sure to be a favorite among first time sewers. In fact, it is suitable for a first ever sewing project.
 The bag uses just 5/8 yard of fabric in total! The only other supply you need is matching thread.

 This pattern was tested by my beginning sewing class, including Anna (age 7).


 Caitlin (age 12) had no problem completing it on her own.
Lakin (age 9) enjoyed making the bag and all of our sewing projects this year. Not pictured, Tyler, also ago 9, made the bags as Christmas gifts for her family as did Halle (age 11).

You can find the pattern, which comes with complete instructions and template, as well as a sew-in label that says "Handmade with Love" right here at my Etsy shop.

Love,
xoxo

2 comments :

Tammy said...

Super cute bag.

Stephanie said...

Cute and easy, will have to try this with my 10 year old daughter.

Related Posts with Thumbnails