Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A New Pattern Series: Learning to Sew

Helping young girls learn to sew inspired a whole new line of patterns. I has become my passion to teach anyone who wants to sew to but learn and love it. To that end, I have a new line of patterns called Learning to Sew. One will be released each month. These patterns were tested by my group of 7 to 12 year old girls who are learning to sew. They are perfect for any first time sewer, whether child or adult.
 It has been both a challenge and a joy to think trendy + easy. And then to write instructions in a whole new way that a beginner will easily understand. Each pattern contains thorough cutting and sewing instructions, a glossary of sewing terms, and a metric conversion chart (for my overseas friends). Each also contains a sew-in label that says "Handmade with Love" that you can use for this or any project.
 First up in the series is My First Scarf and Mittens. This pattern is a cozy, fleece-lined scarf and pair of mittens just perfect for these winter days. It contains everything listed above PLUS an optional snowflake embroidery pattern and instructions for the embroidery.
 I have been able to fold the pattern really small so they are mini-patterns -- HALF the size of regular patterns but still containing all the information. PLUS HALF THE PRICE! The patterns sell for only $6.
 Teach your little one to sew. Or teach yourself. All the supplies and equipment needed are listed on the back of the pattern, found here. Happy sewing!
This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 1 John 4:9 NIV

Love,
xoxo

2 comments :

Linda said...

This is so great that you are making patterns for beginners. They are cute, too!

Nanette Merrill said...

Reminds me of teaching my girls. But mostly it didn't stick or stuck slightly. I wish I'd have had patterns like yours then. The scarf is really really cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails