Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Monday, November 19, 2012

Maxi Skirt and a Really Cool Egg

 This weekend we had our first 4-H sewing meeting. It is so rewarding to help these eager girls learn how to sew! Afterwards, Anna still had the sewing bug, so we tore into our stash of ruffle fabric and made ourselves skirts (and a scarf for her!) It's the first time I've sewn for myself in just about forever.
 Honestly, a 30 minute project from start to finish. My goodness Anna is a good model. I just tell her where to stand and she takes it from there.
 Would you like a tutorial? Or is this so easy you don't need one? Let me know; I'm happy to make up a little free pattern.
 My friend Linda Goossen painted this egg for me. It's from an ostrich and now has a proud home in my little office. Isn't this awesome? She asked what my favorite flower is and Anna and I replied together that it's a peony.

Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night. Psalm 1:1-2 NIV
I've often wanted to engrave this verse on the walls of my husband's law office.

Love,
xoxo

1 comment:

Beth said...

That is really kind of you, to allow shopkeepers to print up your pattern to include with a kit. The generosity of that brightened my day.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Related Posts with Thumbnails