Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Monument Rocks

Western Kansas is filled with relics from the great flood. Our family recently explored Monument Rocks. It was about to be sold to a private buyer and maybe no longer available to explore. We went just in time!


 Be careful! So many things to stop a mother's heart!
 My nephew Clint went along with us.
 Formed from limestone, or chalk rock.

 What a beautiful blue sky!

He is the Rock, his works are perfect,
    and all his ways are just.
A faithful God who does no wrong,
    upright and just is he.

Deuteronomy 32:4

Love,
xoxo

3 comments:

Linda said...

I just sent a postcard to one of my grandsons with these on it. I hope they don't close the rocks. I can't believe they were sold! That is like selling Yellowstone!

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

What a neat excursion! I had no idea Kansas had areas that looked like this!

Kristi said...

I'm also amazed that Kansas has rock formations like that. I'll have to stop and think before ever again saying, "We're not in Kansas anymore."

Related Posts with Thumbnails