Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Redo for a China Cabinet

 I have a China cabinet that was in pretty bad shape. My husband preferred that I didn't paint it (not sure why???), so instead I took some Marguerite by Stitch Studios for Riley Blake and faux decopaged it. Riley Blake had given me quite a bit of this fabric line to play with. (Thanks!)
 Faux decopage? Are you interested? I've done this on walls before and it's completely reversible. You can see my instructions here.
 I realize this look isn't for everyone. My mom's eyebrows went through the roof when she saw it. But I love it! Oh and the dishes are Corelle, if you're wondering. Pretty!
Love,
xoxo

3 comments:

Patty@Granma's said...

Looks awesome! And I understand about the paint - my husband used to refinish antique furniture, and he really growled at having layers of paint to remove;-D

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

I like your china cabinet. It's cute...and the natural wood is nice too...but I d like what you did with it :) :) it's cheery :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

adaisygarden.com said...

Bright colors! Nice job.

Related Posts with Thumbnails