Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Monday, July 2, 2012

Perfect Punch Recipe

Baby it's hot outside! And dry. We've had only a teeny bit of rain this summer so for the fourth, there's no burning. That means no bonfire. No fireworks. No tiki lights. No sparklers. My kids are not happy!

So to celebrate, one of the things I'm planning is punch.
 Here's what you need:
1 container sherbet, you pick the flavor. We love raspberry.
2 2-liter bottles of fruit-flavored pop or 7-Up (We used Big K pineapple and fruit punch)
1 can frozen lemonade, thawed
1 can frozen fruit punch or other frozen fruit, thawed

Mix pops and 2 cans frozen beverages. Scoop sherbet on top. For a fun ice cube, add frozen blueberries to the punch. This will really make it All American Red White and Blue.
 Other fun non-fireworks for the fourth: silly string, pinatas, swimming and a good movie.




Each morning everyone gathered as much as they needed, and when the sun grew hot, it melted away. Exodus 16:21

Love,
xoxo

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It all sounds like summer fun to me.

Diane Wild said...

I see your punch is in a blue willow ware cup. I'm selling all my blue willow on my garage sale next week..all 112 pieces of it, I hope. Want some? LOL Happy 4th holiday.

Nanette Merrill said...

What is that pool? I must know!!! How fun. Summer at your house would be delightful.

VickiT said...

OH MY GOSH! You have a 'pool' like I used to for my kids. I LOVED that thing. It was awesome as long as the kids didn't hit their mouth on the side. OUCH! Yea, that happened one time. It wasn't pretty. I got rid of mine one year and have regretted it ever since. That was so much fun and so much nicer than anything you could buy in the store. I had seen mine at a rummage sale and paid about $50 for it but that was the best money paid for any summer pool ever since it lasted forever. (one hint - do NOT paint it! We used a paint for metal but it started peeling off after a couple years)

Foolish Feathers said...

I had to laugh myself silly after seeing your "pool". Its the same as I used as a teenager on a farm I lived on. They had bought them for the animals to drink on the rain that had collected. To clean the "pool" I would bring it up on its side and then roll it like a hamster wheel while spraying it with the hose! We kept getting natural leaves and such build-up so it was a must to get it cleaned every so often! Wow, what memories!

Related Posts with Thumbnails