Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Hooray for Tyler!

I had the pleasure of helping a little girl learn to sew this summer. Tyler, a 9-year-old 4-Her, wanted to sew and Anna wanted to learn to ride a horse. Turns out that Tyler's family is horse experts. So we traded sewing lessons for horse lessons.

Tuesday night was the 4-H style revue. This is when the 4-Hers model their sewing projects.
 Tyler made the Mommy, Dolly and Me apron in her size. This was so cute on her and I'm sad I didn't get a better picture.
 We also made a cute skirt pattern and the matching headband. The headband is from my kit but you can also download the pattern for free here on my website.
 Tyler got the Special Merit award for construction. This is equivalent to third place! Way to go Tyler!

 My nephew Trey received the Grand Champion award for putting together an outfit that you buy. Good job Trey!

Love,
xoxo

1 comment :

Needled Mom said...

Congratulations to both. Great job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails