Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Monday, June 11, 2012

Book Tour: A Year of Making Life Beautiful

The drawing is over. Check back to find the winner.
Oh my goodness! I'm so excited to share more about my book with you. Before I do, let me give you the schedule for the week:
Monday June 11    QuiltWoman.com
                         Crafty Gemini- Vanessa Wilson
                         Lilac Lane- Melissa Stramel

Tuesday June 12   Sis Boom - Jennifer Paganelli
                        ReannaLily Designs- Jen Eskridge
                         Freda's Hive- Nanette Merrill

Wednesday June 13  Quilting Gallery - Michele Foster
                            Sew Many Ways - Karen
                            Sew Pretty Dresses - Jenny Fish

Thursday June 14    Pat Sloan
                           That Crazy Quilty Girl- Lisa Sipes

Friday June 15        Fat Quarterly
                         The Undercover Crafter - Hollie Lobosky

Look at that lineup! 
 
I've shown the cover for the book many, many times, but here it is once more.
The premise of the book is easy. I'm just telling you about what I do. You all know I love to sew, but I also love interior design, cooking, crafting, gardening and living on my beautiful little farm. I decided to set it up in months and each month contains a quilt pattern, recipe, craft and garden tip. But there's lots of extras like learning the art of canning, flower arranging, and making a bag from a sweater.
In fact there are more than 45 projects in the book as well as tons of tips for every day life. I was so privileged that the publisher, QuiltWoman.com, allowed me to do my own photography and layout. Tons of time went into the creation, and I am so proud of the outcome.

Oh how I would love to share all the projects with you. Make sure you leave me a comment with your favorite hobby so that you have a chance to win a copy.
 The book costs $24.95 in a project-friendly spiral bound edition that lays flat. It is $29.95 for hard cover. I invite you to visit my Lilac Lane etsy store to purchase your choice. Leave me a note with your purchase if you would like it signed.

Love,
xoxo

40 comments:

Dorian said...

This looks like such a fun book. I live out in the mountains on some acreage, and love living this way too. My favorite hobby is quilting, I love making things with fabric :)

Sallie said...

My favorite hobby is quilting. Your book looks great! Thanks for the chance to win a copy! The photos you shared are beautiful.

Linda said...

My favorite hobby is painting cards and ostrich eggs!

Lee said...

my favorite hobby is sewing and geneaology. I love your photos - congrats on your book!

Kathy H said...

This looks like a fun book with lots of different things to make. My favorite hobby is quilting.

Anonymous said...

Your book looks wonderful! My favorite hobby is quilting. I also enjoy sewing small projects for gifts. Thanks for the opportunity to enter your drawing.
Pauline
lvtoqlt@mac.com

Laura said...

Your photographs look beautiful and the projects in the book sound wonderful. My favorite hobby is sewing of any kind.

ritainalaska said...

congrats on a book that's totally yours! hobbies change over the years ... gardening, fishing and birding may be over, but i still enjoy quilting and knitting.

Katie said...

Congratulations Melissa - it looks amazing! Sewing & trying new recipes is my cup of tea.

Jodi - usairdoll said...

Congratulations on your book! It looks gorgeous and can't wait to see more. I grew up on a farm and have tons of happy memories. Looking forward to the hop and seeing your pictures. Favorite hobby? Sewing! Love quilting by machine but nothing like hand piecing to really sooth my soul.

Thank you for a super giveaway and a chance to win.

usairdoll(at)gmail(dot)com

Maria Kievit said...

Love the look of your book! My hobbies are anything crafty: sewing, knitting, crocheting, quilting and cross stitch are always on the go.

Beth said...

Congratulations on your book--it looks simply lovely.

My favorite hobby is quilting. Well, quilting and reading. Reading quilting books takes care of both. :)

wordygirl at earthlink dot net

annemarie said...

I love to sew but also crochet is a favorite of mine - your book looks so inviting!

Linda said...

My favorite hobby is quilting...although I am just a beginner. Your book looks like a wonderful combination of all things crafty, something new and different each month!

Lindapawlak@verizon.net

hueisei said...

I love to sew, quilt and crochet :)
Great inspiring book!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Your book looks so sweet. I love the sweater bag. Very creative.

Goosegirl said...

Oh Melissa, I am so happy for you! The book looks wonderful. And the spiral binding is ingenious!

Well, my favorite hobby is sewing. Surprise surprise!
Happy book tour Melissa!

MoeWest said...

My favourite hobby is sewing. I like to make quilts, bags and home dec items mostly. At this time of year I love to garden too. Thanks for the chance to win your lovely book. I like how your have it organized with projects for every month.

Anda W said...

What a beautiful compilation of everything I love to do! Would love to win this gem! awolk at rogers dot com

KatieQ said...

I love that their is a quilt pattern for each month of the year. The book looks beautiful and inspiring.

Cherilyn said...

I love to sew. This book looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for a chance to win a copy!

nettie said...

This new book of yours looks like such a "Treasure". Thanks for taking all the time and energy and creative juice to compile such a wonderful book. I can think of several friends who would love it for Christmas!
nettiecrain@live.com

Needled Mom said...

I am enjoying all of the blog hop posts with their gorgeous pictures and wonderful reviews. It is a beautiful book.

Of course I love anything that involves a needle and thread.

LeAnne said...

My favorite hobby is collecting fabric. Sometimes I even get around to making quilts with it!

Carrie P. said...

Congratulations on your new. Must be very exciting. I am here via Freda's Hive. Some really great photos.

Sheila said...

This looks like a very good book! Love the table of contents! Quilting, cooking, crafts, fun!

Kathleen said...

what a fun book...so many great ideas....

Diann said...

My favorite hobby is quilting, but I do enjoy a variety of things.

Aud said...

Your book looks beautiful- I'm aiming to put my ideas on paper one day! My favorite hobby is quilting but I enjoy doing anything with fabric! Congratulations on being published!
Aud

Sherry said...

My favorite hobby, it is hard to choose between sewing and embroidery. I guess I like sewing with embroidery involved the best. Your book looks fabulous!

Lisa said...

My favorite hobby is quilting. Would love to win your book!

Karrie S said...

My favorite hobby is quilting...however finding fabric itself has become a hobby in itself!! Thanks for the chance to win. THis book looks awesome

pbs.seams said...

I thoroughly enjoy sewing and just recently moved onto quilting.

Jeanne Gwin said...

Congratulations and what a wonderful job you did. I know your family must be so proud. My hobby is people and motivating them, you never know where it will lead.

Joan said...

What a great premise for a book! I'm so glad you took the time to do what so many have probably meant to do, but then life gets in the way. You've inspired me to start a journal..... maybe next year.....

HelenMarie said...

I would love to win a copy of this book... so many fun projects!

Kelly Smith said...

I have too many hobbies! Currently my favorites are sewing/quilting and scrapbooking but I also like to cook and try to better my photography skills. Your book looks great! Congrats!

Gill said...

Congratulations Melissa!!
Obviously sewing comes top of the list! then probably gardening!

Aurea said...

Congrats! Lots of great ideas. Lots of success with the book.
Aurea Gillis

sweetbaby said...

Oh my, my favorite hobby? Quilting, cooking, reading, creating, giving.........
Thanks for a great giveaway! Your book looks awesome!
RuthNParadise@aol.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails