Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

How Sweet It Is

Our days have been so beautiful here. Yesterday it was 75 degrees. I have been walking in the evenings. From our house, it's only about 3/4 mile to town, so it's a short walk to be in town and then walk on some paved streets. The air is so heavenly. I think it kind of creeps up on you. First tulips bloom and then on through the flowers and you don't even notice how wonderful it is. Well yesterday evening, as I was looking at the clear blue sky and thinking about how lucky I am to live here, I took some deep breaths and noticed. Even along the road is the most gorgeous smell. Something in the pastures must be blooming. Clover? I don't know, but it's just sweet.

When I came back home, our honeysuckle bushes are in full bloom and I noticed they were covered with the kind of moth that looks like a hummingbird. We don't have hummingbirds here and these have antennas, otherwise I would think they were. They don't stay still, so I had an awful time photographing them but I hope you are blessed by these pictures of God's creation today.





Love,
xoxo

9 comments :

Monica said...

How cool is that?! I had never heard of a hummingbird moth before. After a little google searching I learned the name of your's. It's called a White Lined Sphynx Hummingbird Moth...very cool!

Lisa Marie said...

Now I see them! Very pretty. I have never noticed them before. You're so much more aware of your surroundings than I am. :)

Patty said...

Interesting moth, I;m glad you're enjoying nice spring weather. It's been a bit wet and dreary, expecting some sun this weekend though.

Swedish Scrapper said...

Oh how I miss honeysuckle. It's my favorite flower in the whole wide world!

Lee Ann L. said...

First picture is wonderful. How cool is that to get a shot of a hummingbird moth?!?

Lee Ann L. said...

PS it IS a hummingbird moth. Check out this link:
http://www.birds-n-garden.com/hummingbird_moths.html

Christine M said...

I've never heard of a hummingbird moth. Great photos. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Nanette Merrill said...

The scent of honeysuckle is so amazing. I love that.

desertskyquilts said...

Beautiful pictures, thank you. We studied hummingbird moths in my third grade classroom. They are pretty neat creatures.

Related Posts with Thumbnails