Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Picnic in the Park Pattern

Update: Visit Lisa Sipes and Kat Gillespie to hear about their experiences in helping with this quilt. Kat even has a giveaway!

Say that three times fast! I'm so excited to introduce to you to my first embroidery pattern! This is Picnic in the Park and isn't she beautiful?
The bicycles can be stitched on 28 count linen or 14 count Aida. If you use linen, which we did, you simply stitch over two strands in the cloth.

 So many people to thank on this. First of all the stitchers: Mary of Needled Mom, Kat of Flopsy Kitten Stitchin, Hollie of Undercover Crafter, Rebeckah of Handmade by Rebeckah, and also Lisa. Forgive me Lisa, but I can't find your blog! I couldn't have finished this quilt without the dedicated work of these 5 stitchers. I hope you will visit their blogs as they will also be showing the quilt! Thank you all so much!
 Secondly, Lisa of That Crazy Quilty Girl did the quilting on this. It really became a work of art after she was through with it. My goodness, I've never seen such intricate quilting! She and a few other people have been real life savers on my book as well.

I hope you all love it. Not only that, but I hope you'll invest the time to create your own. The cross stitch is straight forward and quite simple -- no half or fourth stitches. And only cross stitch and back stitch to make the entire block. I think it would also make a gorgeous pillow.

For now, it's only available as an e-pattern, but of course I'll let you know when it's available on paper as well!

Love,
xoxo

9 comments:

Gill said...

Congratulations Melissa!
It's wonderful!

Vicki Ibison said...

I found your blog from Lisa. What a beautiful job you all did on this quilt...WOW!

Needled Mom said...

The quilting is truly amazing. It looks just fabulous!

Needled Mom said...

Who knew? Happy birthday to you too!

hueisei said...

Beautiful!

Ullhärvan said...

Congrats, it's beautiful!

Linda said...

An amazing first embroidery project , so fresh and colourful too. It really makes you think of lovely summer days.

Lyn said...

What a beautiful new quilt.

Carla G said...

What a beautiful quilt. Love the bicycles :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails