Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Under the Apple Tree

Have you heard of the Home Sweet Home Quilt Along at Kim's Crafty Apple? If not, you still have time to make these sweet blocks.

Today it's my turn to add one into the mix. All the blocks feature houses or trees. I decided that mine should have both.
In my normal style, it's a scrappy mix of applique and embroidery. And I think it's oh so cute! You can go here to get the full, printable instructions for how to make this block. I can't wait to see how Kim made hers. And you too! Make sure to add them to my Lilac Lane flickr group.

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:21
Love,
xoxo

12 comments :

Lisa Marie said...

Yep. Still love it. Loooooove it. You really weren't kidding when you said you made the firestone block ever!

Lisa Marie said...

Okay that was my phone. Firestone? Really?????? *Cutest!!

Needled Mom said...

Very cute! I love the swing.

Nanette Merrill said...

It is absolutely darling. I read the instructions. Good job. I wondered how you got those apples to stick. I have a project where I want to put a tiny bird cut from a printed fabric onto something and I should use wonder under. Sometimes I forget about that. Really love what you did here.

Patty@Granma's said...

Melissa - this is really sweet! You do such fun stuff!

Betsy said...

Beautiful....a little peek at heaven. Except my tree in heaven will have donuts on it!!!! You are one talented chic. ;-)

Sherry said...

Such a cute block! This has been such a fun BOM/Quilt Along! One of the best I've ever followed.

quilt happy said...

that is lovely

cq4fun said...

Very cute addition to the group of blocks. Maybe my favorite!

dezertsuz at gmail

Anonymous said...

Lots of beneficial in a row. I give rise to bookmarked your place.
bestdigitalcamerasreview.net

Mishka said...

Your block is absolutely adorable Melissa.

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Really cute block! Can't wait to make it! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails