Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Nook Cover Tutorial

Happy birthday to my little sister Christy! We are both avid readers, but she prefers to read on a nook. I thought a pretty cover was in order.
 Isn't it pretty? I found a nice tutorial from Melissa at the Polka Dot Chair. Her tutorial is for an ipad case. You probably know that is a lot bigger than a nook. So, if you would like to make this for a nook, I cut down all the pieces to 7"x10". For the cover, I cut a 7"x10" piece and then added accessories on top, rather than piecing. (sewed on top of the piece of fabric.) And I didn't have auto foam, so I used a piece of craft foam as a stabilizer. Finally, I did not have a zipper (I know!), so my back is just a flat piece of fabric. A zipper would be nice, but I didn't want to go back to town for one. It's lined with minky fur. If you like this, give Melissa a shout-out and tell her I sent you.
Happy birthday Christy!
Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. John 14:1-3


Love,
xoxo
linking up at The Girl Creative”Some

7 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

I love that Thomas Knauer line, it looks great, and love the idea of the minky lining, so soft...

Needled Mom said...

Very nice and I love the lining idea.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

This is too cute!!!! I LOVe it..now I would love to have a Nook to go with it, too :) :) Happy New Year to you and your family. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather ;)

@pril said...

This is a nice looking project. When her friends see it they might want one too.

@pril
KoolBeenz-blog.blogspot.com
For-the-Love-of-Pie.blogspot.com

Quilter in The Gap aka Rhonda said...

I made this same case for my daughter's iPad she got for Christmas. I was just about to blog about it. Like you, I had to improvise. I think I lost the link to reference so thanks for finding it for me. LOL

LeighAnn said...

Sew cute! I have some minky that this would be nice for. I'm your newest follower from Sew Blessed. God Bless! www.jamesandleighann.blogspot.com

Megan Hellrung said...

I love this :) I've been thinking about making a new cover for my nook color ... and now I really want to !

I would love it if you would share this at my new link party, Some Good Stuff. http://some-good-times.blogspot.com/2012/01/some-good-stuff-1.html

I'm visiting from The Girl Creative. :)

Megan

Related Posts with Thumbnails