Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Think Christmas

It's hard to believe it's almost time for Christmas again. For those of us who sew, we had better get busy! Now this is not a Christmas present, but while I was making it I thought, pajamas are always great for Christmas. My Anna grows so fast! I know I've said that before, but I think she might be a super model someday. And where does this come from? Certainly not my 5'5". She is very tall for her class (kindergarten). And suddenly she needed pajamas, pretty much right now. She had nothing warm. And we only have WalMart in our little town, so I thought I could do a little bit better. I made these a very large size 8 so hopefully they will fit next year too. She wears a 6X.

The pattern is See and Sew from Butterick, number B4896. I had picked it up last summer because it's really cute, but honestly, not the best written. I could have used some more details and I'm pretty sure it told me to baste a few places but never to go back and sew them. I did go back, but still I like A LOT of detail. Now that I have it down, I may lengthen the top and make a nightgown. Maybe flannel. Probably pink. The pants fabric is Jennifer Paganelli and the shirt is something Timeless Treasures for breast cancer awareness. I honestly just used what I had on hand as it was really cold yesterday and I decided to stay home.

Love,
xoxo

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Very cute!!!! I love homemade flannel pjs. I have been asked for raincaots from four of the granddaughters. There are so many wonderful laminates out there so I am excited.

Annelies said...

Adorable!!! I am thinking the same for our bitty Granddaugther. She is a year and a half, but SOOO tall already the Dr. predicts she will be 6' tall at adulthood. But no worries...she has an "Oma" that can sew for her (G)!!!!

Katy Cameron said...

Cute jammies! I always had to 'grow into things' and I was always in clothes a good 2 ages above what age I was. The good news is I topped out at 5'7 1/2" so you may be okay lol

Jenny said...

your girls are so girly! my Coco would not go for these darling jammies...and Im just realizing our girls are both in Kindergarten!!

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

I am so behind in reading blogs, I just had to pop in and say hello! These are so cute! Loving the fabrics girl! I think our daughters are the same size. They can walk the runway together one day in our creations...=D

Related Posts with Thumbnails