Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Creamy Enchilada Topping

Enchiladas are probably my favorite food in the whole wide world. I recently ate an enchilada that had the yummiest sauce, instead of the same-old red stuff. I tried to recreate it and here is what I did. Try it, you might just love it too. This recipe makes enough for 7 or 8 enchiladas.
First put one package of cream cheese in a half cup milk and slowly melt them together. Just use medium-low heat.

When it looks like this, we're ready to proceed.
Chop a half cup of cilantro and shred 3/4 cup of monterey jack cheese. Add to the pot and stir.
Next stir in a half cup of frozen corn.
Add cayenne pepper to taste (a little goes a long way) and a couple of teaspoons of hot madras curry powder. This one can me omitted if you don't care for curry, but it gives a really nice flavor. Stir in another half cup of milk and reheat until bubbly.

Serve with homemade refried beans and salsa. Delicious.
Love,
xoxo

2 comments :

Lisa Marie said...

Ummmmmmmmmm, Guadalajara?!?!
I have to make this. That place was delicious!

Angie - treasuresfortots@gmail.com said...

Looks delicious! I pinned it!
http://pinterest.com/treasures4tots/

Related Posts with Thumbnails