Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Thursday, October 6, 2011

My First Quilt

In case you missed this post on Gen X Quilters, I thought I would share my first quilt with you.
I made this quilt when I was just ten years old. I recently gave it to Emilie. All the teddy bears are counted cross stitch. I'm sure I would not have the patience for one of those these days!
 A couple of my favorites.

Come, all you who are thirsty,
come to the waters;
and you who have no money,
come, buy and eat!
Isaiah 55:1
Love,
xoxo

5 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Beautiful. Keep quilting - it get better and better not to mention it's an addiction... :-)

Jenny said...

Do you have a little patch on this telling when you made it and how old you were?

It's so neat to see the next generation using (and loving) it!

~Laurie~ said...

Awwww! So adorable and what a keepsake! I agree with Jenny - you definitely need a label on this one :)

Jennifer Gail said...

I love it.

Busy Quilting Mama said...

I made some of those same bears when I was younger. Noone in my family knew how to quilt, so they are framed. They look adorable in the quilt!

Related Posts with Thumbnails