Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Make Mine Modern Swap and Back to School

I recently was in the Make Mine Modern swap on flickr. It's the first time for me to be in a sewing swap. How fun!

Now the requirements were few, but my partner Karen sent me all sorts of things. Games and toys for the kids, candy (sorry it's all gone and I couldn't take a picture), flower pens. She gave me LouLouthi fat quarters in the paint pail and some yardage of Flower Sugar. She also made coasters, dish towels, some extra hexagons, and a little wallet. And included the pattern. Wow!

She made me this folder for correspondence with little pockets for stamps, stationery, pens and anything else I could use.

To top it all off, she made me a runner that can be used either on the dining room table or at the foot of my bed. I chose the bed because of the little ones. I am overwhelmed by Karen's generosity.

My partner was Gina and here is what I sent her:
 She liked sea colors, which was a challenge for me. Also she's very earthy, into linen and bicycles and stuff. So I had a little bag from when our store was open that I thought she would like. Then I made up a pincushion using Heather Bailey's tutorial and a sewing kit with instructions from the fall 2010 issue of Stitch. I also sent her my grocery sack pattern since she's just starting to make bags. And a bicycle print of mine.


Here's the inside of the sewing kit. I also sent four sea-ish colored fat quarters and about a yard of natural linen.

 Today was the first day of school. Anna's teacher made up t-shirts for them to wear, so she didn't get to wear a dress. Luckily, she was able to rock the t-shirt with a fluffy skirt, headband and necklace.
 She's already met a new friend.
As you can see, Nathan, who's in the back on the left, jumped right back in and was happy to see his buddies. Emilie and I found ourselves strangely alone. But we made cookies, so that helped.

Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble. Psalm 119:165 NIV
Love,
xoxo

2 comments :

Clothed in Scarlet said...

Too cool, you were very generous with your swap! I'm sure she loved everything:o) I think that sewing kit is great! Sarah

Hollie said...

What great packages on both ends! Isn't it the best swap?

Related Posts with Thumbnails