Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Friday, August 26, 2011

Back to School in Style Last Day


If you're planning to enter Back to School in Style, you only have until midnight CST to add your pictures to flickr!

Isn't this adorable?

This pattern is Simplicity 2429. It's pretty simple and I think just darling.
The hardest parts: bias tape and the zipper. The zipper took about two minutes! So in other words, not too hard.
The fabric is the Rapunzel from Heather Ross's Far Far Away (II I think.) It's a very subtle light pink. Anna loves the print but I'm a bit hesitant on the fabric. It's sort of linen-y and thick. Although I prewashed, I'm not sure how it will wash in the future. the trim is a batik. I added lots and lots of brown ricrac.
The fit on this pattern was really nice. A size six works perfectly for Anna. Off to school!

For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. Romans 12:4-5 NIV
Love,
xoxo

3 comments :

Jenny said...

oh this is my favorite! i love her gym shoes with dresses too!

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

It is so very cute! I know what you mean about that linen. It is SO AMAZINGLY DARLING but I have not bought it yet because I am not sure what to do with it. I mean I know what I can do with it but I worry about it not being comfortable. But you know what's important is Anna loves it! If she loves it, then she will wear it and really that's all the comfort endorsement you need! I have an Onion pattern like it! Different than the one I made with sleeves.

Patty said...

I like this pattern Melissa, very cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails