Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Back to School in Style and ABE 2.0 Winners!

Oh my goodness you guys! This Friday is the end of Back to School in Style. So many, many great prizes are there to be won. I mean, a copy of Girl's World by Jennifer Paganelli, a subscription to the Fat Quarterly, or a fabric gift certificate to Sky Reve Fabrics! But you have to make something back to school and enter the picture in the Back to School in Style flickr group.
 I made the new Pink Fig pattern, Vintage Jane. What a pretty dress!
The pattern is well written. I was pleasantly surprised by Chelsea's new format. If you've made Pink Fig patterns before, you'll be surprised too. It's now a little booklet that stays together, similar to Patty Young's ModKid patterns. Also the pattern is printed onto tissue which I also prefer. This pattern gives lots of options for customization and also includes instructions to make it as a top.
The not so good? Well, there's not too much, but it is written for a serger. I probably wouldn't have purchased it if I knew that since I don't have a serger. But my machine has an overlock stitch so I was able to get around that. Also, a cutting diagram would have been helpful, just to know which pattern pieces went with the top and which with the dress. This was mostly my problem as I had a good-sized headache when I was cutting out. Finally, when the dress was finished, I felt it was a little short, so I added another ruffle. Now this was personal preference and you know I'm pretty conservative. And this girl grows incredibly fast!

Anna loves it which is the most important!

So, to sum up, cute pattern, few problems. Plan on a little bit of time for all the gathering of ruffles.

Don't forget to enter your outfit for a chance to win great prizes!
And the winners of ABE 2.0:
Prints: Jessica Van Wechel
Patterns: alisha kostiuk
By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life. Psalm 42:8 NIV

Love,
xoxo

5 comments :

Leah said...

What a cute dress and love the hat!

gill said...

What a great model you have in Anna! Does she enjoy it?
Congratulations to the winners!

Kristy said...

Turned out darling! :)

Needled Mom said...

I love little girls with lots of ruffles!!! Very cute.

VickiT said...

What an adorable dress. You did a fabulous job and I really think that last ruffle you added to the bottom. Even if it wasn't too short it seems to me like it just balanced the dress out even more.

Related Posts with Thumbnails