Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Fabric Design Talk

 Patty has the most beautiful table decorations. She had purses in honor of my purses and flowers because I like flowers. They were filled with jelly beans. (We brought some home for the girls' dolls.)
 It was a full crowd.
 I brought the strikeoffs from Honey Sweet.
 I also showed all the products which are for sale at QuiltWoman.com.
 Then I had a trunk show. That was fun and I hope I did it right since I've never been to a trunk show before.
 I look kind of mean here. :)
They closely scrutinized my work. I hope it checked out!

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:10 NIV

Love,
xoxo

10 comments :

Kathryn D. Duke said...

Very nice and it does look like you all were having fun..love your new bag!!

Needled Mom said...

It looks like you did a wonderful job and everyone looks very interested.

gill said...

It looks like you all had a great time!
Congratulations!!

Pokey said...

you did well, I'm sure! I love when speakers bring projects, I'm sure others do, too. And you can bring other people's work to show. I just shared at class last night about a speaker who spoke for an hour, but had about 50 samples of quilt projects, and we were captivated. Looks like you shared beautifully, congrats ~
:-}pokey

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

Love that wall hanging quilt in the last picture. Very nice!
~Kimberlee
www.TheSpunkyDiva.com
PS - it isn't 'mean' you look "authoratative".

Jen of ReannaLily Designs said...

That's wonderful! What a great lecture & great topic. I can't wait to see the full line of fabric.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Melissa,
I'm sure you did really ,really well :) :) Both of those quilts are really cute. I have to say that second one was my favorite ;) :) Is that quilt one of your patterns? It's so pretty :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Lisa Marie said...

Yay, I recognize people I know! Which makes me even more sad I didn't get to go.
Looks like everyone was having a good time. I'm glad it went so well!!

notes of sincerity said...

OH what fun that must have been. Such darling bags and gorgeous quilts. :o) Oh my, I would be nervous to have my quilts run through the fingers of much more advanced seamstresses. :o)
Sincerely, Trish

Patty said...

Keep following your dream Melissa, I don't think you look mean just like you were concentrating really hard.

Related Posts with Thumbnails