Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Back to School in Style Challenge

 Mark you calendars! The Back to School in Style Challenge is coming! In the month of August, we need to get ready for school. I decided to accomplish this, I would make a little challenge. Grab an accountability partner. This challenge is not about quantity. It's not even about quality -- although that is important. Rather it's about getting it done! You and a partner will each choose a pattern -- for an outfit, a backpack, a lunch sack, a jacket etc etc -- and then you will switch patterns. My partner is my friend Marie who I talk about often on this blog. Of course there will be prizes: a fabric gift certificate, a subscription to a magazine, even a signed copy of a book! More on that later. For now, grab your partner, pick your patterns and get your supplies. You can put the button on your blog. And go ahead and join our flickr group: Back to School in Style Challenge.

Oh, need a little inspiration? Here's Emilie modeling Simplicity 4262.
 I added the flower from the Joy Bag pattern.
 Don't you LOVE that pocket?

 You can flip up the brim on that cute hat.

 And it's completely reversible!
The fabrics are Lonni Rossi's Viviana which I found in Chapman, Kansas.

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.  1 John 1:7

Love,
xoxo

5 comments :

Needled Mom said...

That's a darling outfit. I love the hat and the pocket too.

Lisa said...

Super cute! I made that dress for an easter dress for my 4 YO. I loved the rick rack and pockets!

Linda said...

Makes me wish I still sewed! I love the cute little girl!

Lisa Marie said...

I love those pictures! She looks like she's floating like a fairy. Adorable!

Kathryn D. Duke said...

What a sweet little girl...and very pretty dress that was made by someone who loves her very much!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails