Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Friday, May 6, 2011

Bountiful from the Beginning

So we don't leave Bountiful out, here are the shots of her when she was just a quick bag for me.

 Oh my goodness! I think my kids have grown 6 inches this year! Way back at the start of preschool, I asked the teacher if I could make the girls some bags for the year. She (the teacher) requires everyone to get paper bags each time at the grocery store and they use those to bring home their work. But I really dislike paper bags for groceries, so I made these exactly the same size as a paper grocery bag. Let me tell you, these bags are still in great shape. They've even been washed a few times because of glitter, glue, and other essentials of preschool.
Their teacher liked them so well that she requested a couple for their school auction. I heard they brought quite a bit of money. Maybe next year I can distribute the patterns to the moms. :)

Love,
xoxo

8 comments :

Jenny said...

WHAT A BETTER ALTERNATIVE TO PAPER GROCERY BAGS!

Needled Mom said...

Much better looking too, Melissa.

SandyQuilts said...

Adorable. Bummer I was hoping you'd share the pattern for the end of the year which is fast approaching. No place here uses paper grocery bags.

SewCalGal said...

Very nice bags, plenty bountiful!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

These are wonderful, Melissa! I love them!

Patty@Granma's said...

Love It! Around here it is plastic, plastic, plastic. Takes 10 bags to haul out 50.00 worth of groceries....
Not to tell you my age, but I remember when the grocery store KEPT the boxes things arrived in and packed up the customer purchases in them, AND carried them to your car!?! Now that's recycling..

Sue SA said...

Great idea, love the tractor fabric, happy quilting Sue SA.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Fantastic bag. I love bags in all sizes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails