Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Friday, March 25, 2011

What's On Your Bed Friday? link party

It's Friday again everybody and boy do I have a treat for you! Anne Marie of Gen X Quilters is joining us to show off a bed in her house.
How cute is this?
Here's what she says about the quilt:
The vehicle focus fabric was originally bought to make a pillowcase that never happened. So unfortunately, I only bought a small quantity of it. When I decided to use the fabric for a bed size quilt, I hunted all over for more. But too much time had passed, so I was out of luck. I decided to try and make the best of the 1/2 yard I had by flanking the applique with 16" squares of the vehicle fabric. The other fabric selections are part of the prints used on the vehicles - blue gingham, red plaid, chocolate brown polka dot, and green polka dot.



To make the applique, I copied and enlarged the firetruck on the vehicle fabric. Then I traced templates for the major elements and used fabric scraps that matched the picture. Overall, I am very happy with the way it turned out, and more importantly, he loves it!



Thanks so much for joining us today, Anne Marie. The quilt is beautiful! I can't believe that this was your first try at applique.
Would you like me to show off your bed next week? Here's what you do:


1. Link to an actual post, showing an actual bed. Links that go to a general blog will be deleted.
2. Place the button in the post about your bed or in your sidebar.
Love,
xoxo

5 comments :

Needled Mom said...

What a sweet little boy quilt!!! Anne Marie did a fabulous job with only 1/2 yard. Those fabric searches are so frustrating.

That beautiful smile tells the whole story.

Karenkay said...

Thats a great looking quilt! Cute photo!

AnneMarie said...

Thanks for featuring my quilt Melissa!

Wendy said...

That is a great quilt. I love how she made the firetruck based on the smaller one in the other fabric. Darling little boy seems to enjoy it too!!

Anne said...

Love the quilt! Perfect spot to put that wonderful applique. Anne Marie's son is a handsome young man, and he seems very proud of his quilt!

Related Posts with Thumbnails