Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Friday, March 18, 2011

What's on Your Bed Friday? and Whoo Hoo!

Bernina likes me! Whoo hoo! They've put me on their "favorite blogs." You can see it too at WeAllSew.com, a really cool site with lots of video tutorials and links to neat sewing things.



Wow, is it Friday again already? Then it's time to show off a bed.

 When I was growing up, there were six kids in my family. Six! Can you imagine? We had the sweetest neighbor, Edna Louise, who was so kind to us. She called herself "Grandma #3" since we had two other grandmas. But being right next door, she had such an influence on our lives. I remember her teaching us to paint ceramics, making us cinnamon rolls, playing Aggravation, perming our hair, and definitely all kinds of sewing projects. And she made this quilt for Anna and a similar one for Nathan (without the pink). They are so thick and warm. I can't imagine how hard it was to sew all those scraps of jeans together. But then, she had a Bernina. Kind of makes an appropriate post, doesn't it?
I love you Edna Louise!

Would you like me to show off your bed next week? Here's what you do:


1. Link to an actual post, showing an actual bed. Links that go to a general blog will be deleted.

2. Place the button in the post about your bed or in your sidebar.

Love,
xoxo

2 comments :

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Thanks for sh aring about Edna Louise. If I'd had a "grandma" like her growing up, I'd have b een over at her house all the time. That's so cool that she taught you all of those neat things :) :) This is such a sweet story :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Needled Mom said...

What a wonderful Grandma to have!!! I love the denim quilts and have actually been thinking about trying one here. I guess I will have to stitch it on the Bernina!!! Congratulations on being chosen - it is well deserved!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails