Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I'm Redeemed!?

The Road to Redemption is finished! Those of you who have followed along for awhile remember this two year long quilt process. You can read all about it here. There are 33 small (6 inch) blocks and 12 large (12 inch) blocks. If you're wondering what took me so long, I added a ruffled border and was willing to wait for my ruffler foot to come in to do it. Was it worth it? Yes. But at times I felt like I would die at my machine before this quilt got finished.


Yes it really did snow here today.


Quilted by Lisa Sipes, who is nominated for a Golden Quilter award for Best Long-Arm Quilter.

This pillowcase was a Christmas present from my sweet friend Marie.
Goodnight!
Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Psalm 37:7

Love,
xoxo
{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creationshttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-4LuEbCjRsYE/TYa0T9Y7cTI/AAAAAAAADK8/O__yUaKIFfk/s1600/partybutton.jpg

The Girl Creative
Fresh Poppy Design

22 comments :

Jenny said...

stunning!

notes of sincerity said...

Oh Melissa! :o)
Your quilt is absolutely breath taking!
Sincerely, Trish

Simply EC said...

That is one fantastic quilt! Beautiful!

Needled Mom said...

It is beautiful and I LOVE the ruffle border. It was worth the wait.

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

It's wonderful, Melissa! What a treasure!

Lora said...

so beautiful! and i just love that ruffle border!

Vicki W said...

Very pretty!

jennifer said...

Pretty and it looks warm and comfie too.

Ann Marie said...

Looks fantastic, especially in the snow!!!

Chris said...

It is lovely. The ruffle hem is perfect. And yes, you are redeemed! :)

Patty@Granma's said...

Love the Quilt! Love the pillowcase too! Truly admire anyone willing to sew all those little pieces into blocks and more blocks. And the ruffle is wonderful.!.! When you have time I would love to have you come over and teach a class on incorporating ruffles into quilts - I know a bunch of people who would be interested ;-)

Mary said...

This is a gorgeous quilt!!!

ShirleyC said...

Wow! That is beautiful! I love the ruffle too!

Lisa Marie said...

Thanks for mentioning me! =]

I love, love, LOVE the ruffler. You are just having so much fun with that new foot, aren't you?
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous!

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

It turned out so beautifully! I love the ruffles! Well worth the waiting.

Kristen said...

SOOO beautiful! You did a fabulous job on it. I love the scrapy look of all of those fabrics too!

CityHouseStudio said...

It is absolutely beautiful!
Amazing job!

Megan said...

Beautiful quilt! Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday!

Sparkling said...

that's really pretty- amazng how the colors go together. i want to knwo more about this ruffled edge. can you get a close up of the edge so i can see how you did it?

Crafty Girls Workshop said...

That is totally awesome I love that ruffle on the edge. I am sort of ruffle obsessed right now. In fact, I started a linky on my blog post about ruffles today. It would be awesome if you would care to link up. If not, I understand. Thanks for sharing your beautiful quilt!

Lisa Ann said...

That is one of the most beautiful quilts I've seen!

Quiltstory said...

It is super beautiful! We would love to feature it. Let us know if you are interested in that! Thanks for linking up to Quilt Story!

Related Posts with Thumbnails