Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Dress for a Princess

Easter dress #1 is finished! Hooray! Although I didn't use a pattern, I can't take all the credit. I was totally inspired by the winning design for Project Run and Play by Katie. As soon as I saw that dress, I showed it to Anna and got an emphatic YES.

Now I tried to edit my pictures, and I did. But these are so pretty, I just had to include seven. (I took 24!) I hope you don't mind.

 The skirt has 20 yards of nylon chiffon in it.

I recently purchased a ruffler foot for my machine which made a BIG difference.



 It was my first time to ever use fabric dye. We dyed everything and I think it came out great -- just what we had in mind.
Who wouldn't love to twirl like this? Can I have one?

 Most importantly, she loves it!
Thank you to my laundry room for matching the dress! Actually, the bow is made from leftover fabric from the laundry room.

Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.”- James 1:12
Love,
xoxo
{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations
Fresh Poppy Design

12 comments :

Sabra said...

Love love love the chiffon and the bow. So much. And the pictures are great. You can tell how much she loves it. The dress you used as inspiration was one of my favorites from that contest, too. I wish I could get away with a crazy ruffled chiffon skirt!

Lisa said...

Wow, beautiful! I just finally purchased a ruffler. It showed up yesterday. My daughter just saw your pictures and said, Oh wow, mommy please!!! Maybe have to move that up on the project list!
Beautiful!

Lisa Marie said...

I'm glad the ruffler is being put to good use!

So liiiiike, when you have tiiiiiime... would you want to... make me one??????
=]

Carla Hegeman Crim said...

This is what rufflers were made for...LOVE it!!!

Needled Mom said...

Aaaaaw...to be able to wear such cute dresses again!!!! It turned out so nice and I can see how she loves it.

Jenny said...

what a fabulous dress! fit for a princess indeed!!

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

So cute! I have a tiny bit of chiffon and am afraid to work with it! Got the ruffler and gathering foot. Any tips? Special needles or techniques? Great work girl!

Patty said...

Very nice indeed looks like it was a fun project.

notes of sincerity said...

Soo cute!! :o)

whittle stitch said...

lucky lucky little girl! I would have been in complete heaven to have this dress as a wee one!

@pril said...

Very pretty. Love the layered ruffles and the really big bow on the back. I am really diggin' the sink skirt too!

Quiltstory said...

Oh, I LOVE it, I need a ruffler! Thanks for linking up to Quiltstory!

Related Posts with Thumbnails