Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Monday, February 21, 2011

Sunday err Monday Stash Week 8

Nothing like starting out the week behind! Two of my three kids are sick. Auggg!

Anyway, back to the business at hand. I sewed on my string quilt and I bound (is that the right term? I don't think it's binded) a quilt. And my local quilt store had a sale. Oh well!

Used this week: 1 3/4 yards
Used year to date: 38 1/4 yards
Added this week: 7 1/2 yards
Added year to date: 36 5/8 yards

A little bit of the added is for the Be Mine pillow. And the rest was pretty! I tend to buy in 1 yard increments. How about you? Are you a fat quarter person? For some reason that's never enough for me if I really love the fabric.

The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;

may the name of the LORD be praised. Job 1:21

To see how everyone else did, click here.




Love,
xoxo

10 comments :

Jenny said...

OH WOW. Where have you been shopping Melissa. I love that bottom red print! is it Hoodie?

Jenny said...

wait..metro market, maybe?

Lisa Marie said...

The bottom red print is Joy Basket by Blank. Trust me. ;)

notes of sincerity said...

Those tiny little red and pink flowers (the 4th fabric down) is just so adorable!! :o) Do you happen to know the name? We do not have any local quilt stores around these parts ... I envy you lucky ladies who do! :o)
Have a lovely day.
Sincerely, Trish

Tamera said...

I used to be a fat quarter girl, but I have decided from now on to buy in larger increments.

Beautiful fabric.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

You've got lots of beautiful fabric goodies there :) :) I like all the reds :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Patty@Granma's said...

Very pretty, very you Melissa!
For years it was my policy to buy ONE yard of any fabric I thought I liked and THREE yards of any fabric I REALLY loved!
Then I opened a :)Quilt shop :), and now I only buy what I need for my project - of course, I have been known to come in after hours for more fabric ;0)
And I love the variety I get with fat quarters....
But my hubby is VERY happy with this arrangement!

Marti said...

Fat quarters are never enough for me either.

free indeed said...

I never got into fqs. I have a little cabinet full; mostly from buying lots on ebay, but I don't use them. I think the only time I will ever buy fqs now is in bundles from the same line for a coordinated quilt. I have enough fabric to shop stash, and only buy if I need a particular shade or print.
Your string quilt is looking great. I love string quilts..I've got two posted on flickr somewhere...I used phone book paper for the foundation. What are you using?

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I have several of the prints. They are beautiful, all of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails