Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Friday, February 11, 2011

Love is in the Air: This One's For the Girls

The drawing is now closed. Feel free to continue to leave comments.
It's Day 5 of Love is in the Air: A Week of Valentines Tutorials. Make sure to leave a comment on any post this week for a chance to win great prizes and then come back on Monday to see the winner and for an exciting new giveaway!

Today's tutorial is courtesy of Oliver + S: the Popover Doll Dress. You definitely have time to make this easy dress before Valentines Day, as two of them only took me about an hour. If you're really ambitious, you can make the matching girl's dress too! It's also free.

A note on 15" dolls (like bitty babies): I always take off an inch to an inch and a half of length while keeping the width the same.

Is this little sundress not for you? Never fear, here's another free tutorial. The Scientific Seamstress has a dolly t-shirt pattern for you.

Try one today to make a happy Valentine for your little girl!

Love,
xoxo

18 comments :

Jenny said...

No American Girl Dolls at my house (yet...) although im trying to make the kids dolls from Wee Wonderful for valentines day...fingers crossed!

free indeed said...

I'm hoping my granddaughters get into dolls. I have three so far...you'd think one of them will play with dolls?

Katie said...

Thanks for posting this; looks like little sundresses are in my sewing future.

Kristi said...

I had to have 5 girls to finally have one that is into dolls enough that I feel like I should start sewing some clothes for them. This looks like a good pattern to start with, although I can already think of a couple of "alterations" I'd like to try - never can just follow a pattern like it is.

Mama Lusco said...

These are darling! Thanks for sharing the tutorial. I hadn't seen the Dolly Popover yet :)

Marcia W. said...

These are cute though do not have dolls to dress up. They are really girly (maybe my wee grandnieces will become doll baby girls).

Chris said...

Cute! I'd forgotten about that dress pattern. I must make some for my girls. Thanks for the wondrful reminder.

Kathleen C. said...

Thanks for this post; I could use it for my great niece's American Girl Doll. And I make small items for a Holiday Sale to benefit my library-this will go on my list.
Thanks for the giveaway which i just discovered.

Jessica said...

Too cute. I haven't made anything for dolls yet but I knitted a scarf for a stuffed bear... guess I need to try this!

Deb said...

What a lovely gift for a little girl and her dollies.

Bailey said...

Aww...if I had little girls instead of boys, they'd be needing some of these. Cute!! I'll have to keep them in mind for the future :)

Alina said...

They are so cute! Thanks for sharing. Happy Valentine's Day1

Jen of ReannaLily Designs said...

I made the Oliver+S dress too for the dolls in our house. Yours turned out much better than mine did.

Peach Rainbow said...

They are cute!

Jen said...

How precious! I remember dressing my dolls to match me, I loved it!

Heather said...

So cute! I've been thinking of making some new doll clothes . . .

deserae said...

The dresses are adorable!

Deborah in Atlanta said...

OMG, if I can't make clothes for me, do you think I could actually make them for baby dolls? I frickin' don't think so. That has me practically falling out of my chair laughing. Too, too funny. dmj53(at)hotmail(dot)com

Related Posts with Thumbnails