Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Love is in the Air: For the Little Ones

The drawing is now closed. Feel free to continue to leave comments.
It's Day 3 of Love is in the Air! Don't forget to leave a comment on any post this week for a chance at some great prizes -- fabric, a key fob, and a gift certificate to Above All Fabric! Then come back Monday for the winners and an exciting post -- you won't want to miss this one!

So for Day 3, what's better than my very own Activity Bag from Moda Bake Shop? They are perfect for church, traveling, going to Grandma's, and any time. My kids' bags are over a year old and they still use them all the time. For the occasion, I made up a few for my nephew and two little nieces.


 Don't you love the Valentines fabric? It was a panel and I think it may be a little bit old, but it's new to me. And the back of the purple and green one is my favorite Jennifer Paganelli fabric.
My little niece loves pink, so I lined it with cupcakes. Perfect for a 3 year old, right?

It (love) does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 1 Corinthians 13:6
Love,
xoxo

30 comments:

gill said...

Melissa
These are such a great idea! sadly my children are too old to appreciate them and too young to give me grandchildren! I'll have to look for other victims er I mean lucky recipients!

Kristen said...

I love these bags...what a great idea!!

Staci said...

The Valentine print is charming, and I love your cowboys, too! Great gifts for small fry!

leaandlars said...

Oh cute! Love the bag on the left!

Kristi said...

I love these bags - I really need to get some made before my little ones don't need them anymore! They grow so fast!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Oh, these are too cute, Melissa. I think I'm just a little kid in an adult body, because I would totally use these. These would be perfect for small knitting or sewing projects, too...totally perfect for that purpose!!! Oh, and i just saw the little detail with the slots for the crayons!!! How cute is that? very cute :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :) :) :)

Jenny said...

cute bags...great fabric choices...and speaking of fabric...and exciting Mondays...im wondering......

Jen said...

Very cute bags! I know stuffed with a few books and some embroidery that would keep me busy for hours! Move over kids! :)

Bolo heads said...

I have been making little bags for my girls too. Just yesterday I was thinking about putting a little pocket on the inside. Thanks for the great ideas.

robin said...

Those are such cute bags!

grammy and papi said...

That Valentine fabric is adorable. Love the bags.

Have a God Filled DAy
Shirley

grammy and papi said...

I left a comment on FB about "Love is in the Air", was unable to copy the button so I could blog too.

Have a God Filled Day
Shirley

AnneMarie said...

Hmmm. More ideas for church busy bags! Thanks!

Marcia W. said...

Cute bags - might work for my oldest grandniece. Thanks for the idea.

iris*hill said...

Love these. If I ever get my sewing room back in shape, I might try one.

Lee said...

Great bags! I love the cowboy print one! Thanks!

Mama Lusco said...

I've been making art cases for gifts but my poor kiddos don't have their own! I need to add these to my To-Do list :)

JayTee said...

The totes are so cute

Elsina said...

Love the bag and the fabric you used!

Regina said...

Adorable!!! I have some little ones in mind for these!

Heather said...

My kids have almost outgrown the need for a diaper bag. I think they need their own church bags and these look perfect!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Really cute bags!

Jessica said...

I love the fabric you used. They are beautiful :)

Katie said...

Totebags are one of my favorite gifts to give. Love to "wrap" presents for my kids' friends in them too.

Peach Rainbow said...

Love the cupcake lining - yummy!

free indeed said...

I"ve made one of these already...the kids love it!

Kathleen C. said...

I'm enjoying your ideas and also the fabrics that you are showing. Thanks for sharing with us.
(And I especially like today's comment on love).

Deb said...

Great idea for me for future little granddaughters.

Bailey said...

Great bags! Thanks for sharing!

Deborah in Atlanta said...

I love making bags more than I like making quilts. I guess it's because they're finished so much faster, and I can finally see the final product. I love bags! Love the fabrics you chose, too. dmj53(at)hotmail(dot)com

Related Posts with Thumbnails