Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Quilting for Two Causes


 I needed to make two charity quilts, so I decided to use up as many scraps as I could. I made the same quilt twice, but they are the opposite of each other. This one is headed to China for orphans and is for A Dozen Quilters.

 This one is for Victory House, a local home for teenage girls. I thought the bright colors would be cheerful.
 It was quilted up by Lisa Sipes who did a beautiful job. Thank you, Lisa.
Believe it or not, I still have a lot of scraps.

Love,
    xoxo

6 comments:

Shelley said...

That's such a fabulous idea. The quilts you made are lovely. The square quilting designs on the bright one are incredible!

Patty said...

Melissa, you've been so productive this past month. The second quilt is really cheerful I'm sure some girl will love it.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Wow, Melissa...both of those quilts are awesome, especially that last one. So colorful. I think any teenage girl would love this. Plus, she'll have it when she goes to college, too, maybe. I love it..and the quilting on the top is really interesting, too!!! Plus the pillowcase to go with it, right? Gorgeous. How big is the quilt? Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Jenny said...

really nice Melissa! i like the pattern too! i LOVE that spider web fabric...my son LOVES spiderwebs??!! what is that anyway?
so great of you to get a big quilt for Gayly to take to Chine...i *just* got my things mailed to her this week.

Goosegirl said...

Beautiful Melissa! Do you know where in China your quilt will go? Our youngest was from an orphanage in China.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Absolutely fabulous. Melissa you are on the ball.

Related Posts with Thumbnails