Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Konnichiwa

Konnichiwa. (Japanese for hello!) My little girls' preschool is studying Japan this month. Today is Hina Matsuri -- the festival of dolls. It's also known as Girls Day. In honor of the occasion, I made the girls kimonos and also for their dolls. I used Patty Young's Kyoko pattern and her mini Kyoko pattern. I also used Art Gallery fabric. Four yards plus a little bit extra I already had was all it took. So for a total cost of about $50 for fabric and pattern (I borrowed the mini Kyoko), I made 5 outfits! And I have enough little scraps to make one more doll outfit. Do I have to tell you how much of a savings this is over American Girl prices?

 I love the Art Gallery fabrics for this project because they are so modern and a bit Asian influenced. Have you ever used them? Very soft -- they make great clothing. And the colors are all so bright and girly.
 If you're looking for a great source for Art Gallery fabrics, try Red Leaf Designs. She has a lot of the available fabrics and the prices are great -- just $8.75 a yard.
 Patty's pattern is super easy, but a little difficult to find. The hardest part is the tiny binding for the doll dresses.

Sayonara (good-bye),
xoxo

10 comments :

Amanda said...

These are just gorgeous! :)

gill said...

Your girls look gorgeous! and I love the dolls outfits too! You're so clever (Just noticed that the doll is wearing flip flops - how cool is that??)
much love
Gill

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Those outfits are amazing!!

Mama Lusco said...

So darling! I love the matching dolly dresses :)

Maylee said...

These outfits are adorable!

grammy and papi said...

You are so talented. LOVE the dolls and the girls!!

Have a God Filled Day
Shirley

Needled Mom said...

Soooo cute and what a wonderful Girl's Day celebration you made for the girls.

Patty said...

Really cute Melissa, the dresses as well as your girlies.

Hollie said...

So super cute! I love the kimonos!

Shari @For the Little Doll In Your Life said...

These came out so cute and they're so colorful. Great job mom!

Related Posts with Thumbnails