Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Art

I don't think I ever told you that I am the volunteer art teacher at my son's school. Every Thursday morning we have art. It's really fun. And though these pictures aren't recent (it's way too cold for this now), here we are learning about Jackson Pollock aka Action Jackson and his splatter painting techniques.






It looks like a mess but it sure was fun!

Love,
xoxo

4 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Melissa,

Oh, cool, I found the link to your page on Facebook!! That's great...and I hope it'll be a blessing to you!!! I had a really cool art teacher when I was your son's age...but we never did Jackson Pollock paintings. This looks like a lot of fun!!!! I'm glad everyone had a good time and learned something, too!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

That's so fun! Kelsey's school does that in Kinder. They also take paper and tape it to the underside of the tables and then the kids paint laying under the table like Michelangelo. If you haven't done that you should give it a whirl too! Gonna be catching up on some pillows, pillowcases and a quilt this weekend!

Needled Mom said...

It looks like a blast for the kids too.

Genie said...

You all look like you are having the time of your lives in that beautiful making art. It is so IMPORTANT that we keep art an music in our public school now that all of these cuts are taking place. I just adore your blog. I am always stopping by and looking and reading. Take care and have a good week. Genie

Related Posts with Thumbnails