Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Be Careful!

I just googled Melissa Stramel, thinking I knew the few things that would pop up. My blog, website, flickr, maybe some stuff from KU, Moda Bake Shop, a few person finder sites, etc. I was totally unprepared for EVERY COMMENT I'VE EVER WRITTEN ON ANY BLOG to pop up. I've never written anything nasty, but still, it's really unsettling. So from now on, if you receive a comment from me, it will be a generic Melissa S. I realize I'm in a business where my name will go out, and that's ok with me. But I don't think anyone should have access to my every comment. Apparently there's a couple of other Melissa Stramel's out there too. One from Washington state who is a democrat and got married on pi day and had pie instead of cake. And another from Hays (really close to here) who in the early 90s won a national race walk for 15-16 year old girls. Funny thing is, we'd be about the same age but she's probably not a Stramel anymore. Neither of these girls has a blog that I came across, so it shows you just how much info is out there.

Just be careful!
Love,
xoxo

4 comments:

Tricia said...

I googled myself one day and found out the same exact thing. Scary, huh? I know a guy at work that googles EVERYONE so I decided to change it to just Tricia.

Tamera said...

Thanks for the reminder!

Needled Mom said...

Interesting!!!

Vicki W said...

I was shocked the first time that I googled my name to find that the other Vicki Welsh died of ovarian cancer and has a memorial cancer fund set up in her name. It kind of freaked me out at first!

Related Posts with Thumbnails