Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Scrapalicious Doll Quilt

If you have a little girl, you've got to make this before Christmas. I made up the cutest little doll quilt and pillows with cases. The tutorial for the quilt will be on the website this week. This is all for an 18" doll, like the American Girls. So, I'll tell you how to make the little pillows here.

I just took a little scrap of fabric, 4 1/2" x 11", folded it in half and sewed down each side. Then stuffed the pillows with a little batting and sewed them closed. The fabric is vintage sheets. They look like real, miniature pillows!
Then I made the cases with three pieces of fabric: 9" x 10", 1 1/2" x 10" and 4" x 10". Press the two smaller pieces in half lengthwise and then layer them with the first piece right side up and then the small strip and the bigger strip on top, with the raw edges of the two folded strips even with the larger strip. Sew across these three pieces and finish the seam and then fold the pillowcase in half, right sides facing. Sew the two raw edges to finish the pillowcase.
I was going to make this bed but when I found the beautiful Melissa and Doug one at my friend Patty's store, Granma's Treasures, in Wray, Colorado, I thought, boy that was easy.
Oh I SO hope you'll make this. It was fast, fast and fun. Plus, when the pattern goes up on my website, I'm giving away two complete sets of blocks -- already cut! so you can make it even faster.

Love,
xoxo

5 comments:

Katie B. said...

Oh, perfect! I was planning on making an American Girl quilt for my niece! Looking forward to the tutorial.

Mama Lusco said...

Darling! I love snowball blocks. My girls are getting 18" dolls for Christmas, so I've been sewing doll clothing. Hope I have time to make these, too!

Patty@Granma's said...

OH my, Melissa! This is all just adorable! I wish I had some granddaughters young enough to play with dolls. You know Moda has those sweet little bundles of 2.5'' charm squares they call a sampler... I think I'll work one up into a doll quilt - I ordered another bed ;) and it would make a cute display! You have the coolest ideas!

Goosegirl said...

Melissa, that is just darling.

SewLindaAnn said...

Adorable! I just saw some beautiful rose bud fabric on Joypatch's blog, now I really am going to have to get some. Thanks for the "Careful" info. We tend to forget how fluid the internet is with our information.

Related Posts with Thumbnails