Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Monday, October 25, 2010

Project Linus

I know I talk about A Dozen Quilters a lot. But here I go once again. This year, we've decided to be a charitable group. Each month, the member in charge of the month chooses a project. Christy chose for us to make blankets for Project Linus. Do you know what that is? It's an organization which collects blankets for babies and children in need, whether in a NICU or a foster child or a myriad of other reasons. The thing that appeals to me is that your local organization donates all the blankets locally. And there are chapters all over the United States. So if you donate a blanket, you know that it stays in your area and helps out a little one in need. Anyway, you all should really get involved. Furthermore, if you do, you can hop on over to A Dozen Quilters and show off your blanket. We have a post with a linky tool so you can do just that.




My blanket is flannel and I quilted the words to the nursery rhyme "Hey diddle diddle" in all the straight pieces. I've been in love with pineapple blocks lately, so I made one for the center. For more information about Project Linus, visit projectlinus.org.

The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' Matthew 25:40
Love,
xoxo

5 comments :

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

This is really cute...the colors, the theme, everything :) :) :) I've heard of the "Linus" blanket project. It's awesome!!! Hey, for the record, you can talk about "A Dozen Quilter's" as much as you'd like. I really enjoy seeing everyone's handiwork :) :) Have a lovely week. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Needled Mom said...

I love the fabrics that you used and the Pineapple has always been one of my favorite patterns.

Project Linus is such an awesome organization. Glad that you guys are contributing quilts to it.

Hollie said...

I love how your quilt turned out. It is so cute!

Becky said...

Very cute.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Very sweet.

Related Posts with Thumbnails