Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

California Girls

Now you all know that I'm a Kansas girl, through and through. But my mama was a California girl. She didn't move to Kansas until she finished high school, and she's been here ever since. So I feel like there's part of California in my blood.


Here's what my mom gave me from California: a love for artichokes, avacado, green olives, lemons, exotic cheeses and Sees suckers. Oh and sour dough bread. My mom will take a loaf of sour dough bread and just stand and smell it. If you're from California, I don't mean to reduce you to these few. It's just what stands out in my mind.

I have a special love for the caramel suckers. Okay, they're called butterscotch but they're all caramel to me. My mom will order them just because. Then we get a little taste of California.

Oh and if anyone can hook me up with a bottle of Joy from Rombauer winery,  I would be so grateful. My husband and I tried that ten years ago before we got engaged and it would be a terrific anniversary gift.

Love,
xoxo

9 comments :

Amanda said...

I'm originally from CA, and I LOVE Sees! Butterscotch is my favorite too...Craving those now :)

Needled Mom said...

There is little better than See's butterscotch suckers. Reading your list, I would say that you are definitely part CA girl.

Needled Mom said...

I forgot to add that we just went to a Rombauer wine tasting dinner locally and I won one of their cookbooks. If I had won the Joy bottle of wine I would have mailed it to you. Dessert wine is not my favorite. Can you have them shipped to you?

Tonya said...

my husband is from Cali and his family sends us Sees candy every Christmas, yummy

Goosegirl said...

I am a California girl who has lived all over the country and am hoping to never leave CA again. Sees candies are my favorite!

iris*hill said...

We'll be in CA on Sat so I'll look for some Joy for you and some See's for me. Mike's nephew just told us that when they went to Japan to visit their daughter-in-law's family, they took about $200 worth of Sees Candy.

Genie said...

Butterscotch suckers and sour dough bread...I am in heaven. Those things fit right in here in VA. Cute post.

Genie

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I can totally relate. I love stuff from Pennsylvania. It is like a piece of home to me. The suckers look so yummy.

Hollie said...

Mmmmm... Sees Candy... I am a California girl through and through.

Related Posts with Thumbnails