Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of School Blues

Don't worry though. Only blues for the mommy. Well we started school here two weeks ago, at the end of August. But I'm still not used to it. How can I be the mommy of a first grader? He was just my little baby days ago! That's not the end of it. I have not one, but two preschoolers! Of course preschool is just two hours, two days a week. So I am running somewhere everyday. I thought summer was busy!






Of course, you're not here for the kids, but for the sewing, right? Have you seen the tutorial from a Lemon Squeezy Home for a lunch bag? It is just so cute! I made one for Nathan as he takes his lunch this year. I made a couple of modifications so that there are two interior pockets to hold ice packs. Then I tried out iron-on vinyl for the first time ever. Pleasant surprise! It makes the cloth quite similar to oil cloth. It's not too expensive either! I used it inside and out and even on the bias tape so that the whole bag is wipeable (oilcloth is not washable.)

So cute!
And in his favorite fabrics: John Deere outside and Farmall inside.


Oh last but not least, I got a note today that strikeoffs are on their way!

Love,
xoxo

4 comments :

Genie Robinson said...

Melissa Ann...How do you do it....a mom, a pharmacist, a fabric designer, a blogger, a mom and wife...it is AMAZING! Your certainly know how to manage your time. I love your blog and look forward to each of your new posts. Thanks you for sharing so much with all of us. Your children are absolutely precious.

Hugs,
Genie @ buttonsforbaga

Genie Robinson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

How darling! You have the cutest kids! He looks so happy with that lunch bag too! I'll definitely check that out, I totally want one for myself!

Christie @ A Lemon Squeezy Home said...

Oh yea! I'm glad you like how it turned out. I added some tips to help with making the bag more sturdy, and you can probably still do it even with the vinyl on:

http://alemonsqueezyhome.blogspot.com/2010/09/lunch-sack-helps-and-start-challenge.html

Also, I love that you added some pockets inside! Great idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails