Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Dough, Week 5

Wow! It's been awhile since we've had a good recipe on here, hasn't it? Well, no time like the present.

Today I'm going to give you my family's favorite breakfast recipe, baked pancakes. Super simple. No standing over the stove, flipping flapjacks. And while they're cooking, you can be getting yourself ready for church. Oh I'm giving myself away. Yes, I usually only fix a good old-fashioned breakfast on Sunday morning. Once in awhile it's on Saturday. And don't forget holidays!


Combine 2 eggs, 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup milk in a bowl and mix together until kind of lumpy. (This is the amount for one pie pan. My small family routinely eats 3 pie pans and I still don't get any! So you may need to triple or quadruple this.)

Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in the pie pan (microwave) and then sprinkle brown sugar all over the butter. Liberally.

Pour the lumpy batter on top of the butter mixture and bake at 400 degrees for 20 or 25 minutes. It will dome up a bit and brown. You don't want it to look wet. Take out of the oven and loosen sides quickly and then turn upside down over a plate. Let the carmel run over the pancake. You won't need syrup!

We love to add berries to the brown sugar at the bottom of the pie pan. I've been known to use whole wheat flour and add in flax seed and wheat bran. I've never had any complaints.



As you can see, we were almost ready for church! Must have been Sunday.

Love,
xoxo

2 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Baked pancakes...oh that does look yummy...and when I tell my dad about that...well, I won't get a daddy stovetop cooked breakfast anymore on Sunday. Thanks :) :) :) No seriously...this does look really tasty and very easy. I have just the dish I can bake this in too!!!
Your girls look like they're enjoying mom's baked pancakes :) :)
Have a great Tuesday. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Tara said...

looks great! My oldest has the same necklace with the colored beads and pink heart :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails