Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Friday, July 16, 2010

All American Girls

Look where we've been!



We took a girls only trip to the Park Meadows Mall in Denver. It was Marie and I along with Samantha, Anna and Emilie. They have an American Girls store. Since Anna and Samantha both have summer birthdays, we did this for them instead of a kid birthday party. Anna saved up her birthday money and bought a friend for Holly. She has named her pretty doll Claire. While I'm not a big fan of the prices, I sure like the message better than Barbie.

Please keep my Nathan in your prayers. He stepped on a board last night, which then flipped up and hit him in the eye. We were in the hospital until lunchtime today watching for signs of concussion. One eye is very dilated which is a scary thing, it turns out. My sister is an eye doctor -- very helpful in times like these. After a cat scan and numerous eye tests, they think it is temporary, so we are home. Thank you Jesus. There was lots of prayer going up on his behalf around here yesterday.

Love,
xoxo

9 comments :

Goosegirl said...

Oh Melissa, how scary. I will pray for your sweet boy.
And I love your pics of the girls at the AG store! I did not know there was one at Park Meadows Mall. I was at that mall on opening day back in 96 or 97. I LOVE that mall!
We too our girls to the AG store in LA last week and I need to get those pics up. Time to start sewing doll clothes, eh?

Tonya's Sewing Room said...

prayer for you boy, that E was two weeks ago, he stepped on a nail and it went into the bone in his foot. Surgery was required...i've heard about american girl dolls, those girls all look so cute with their new dolls.

Jenny said...

my prayers are with Nathan...what a scary event... hope he is feeling better already!

your girls look like dolls themselves!!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

What a sweet post. How fun to go on a girl's only trip to the American Girl doll store. all of my friends are married and have kids now..and it's really cute, because the ones that have girls..They all LOVE American Girl dolls!!! So I see lots of posts on Facbook about American Girl dolls etc :) :) I am the happy owner of the Kit Kittredge movie/American Girl that came out a while back. It's a good, sweet, clean movie that anyone can watch!!!

I'll be praying for Nathan!!! Have a great weekend. Love and hugs, Heather :)

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like a fun time with the girls. Those AG stores are amazing!

So sorry to hear about Nathan. I will keep him in my prayers.

Patty said...

Hope Nathan is feeling better, I'm sending up some prayers, Some time don't ya just wish you could keep them up on a self safe and sound until their all grown up?
Your Girlies look sweet with their little dollies.

quilt-n-mama said...

Glad to hear that your little man seems to be ok, very scary.
I have been sewing AG clothes like crazy for my girls and we are looking forward to our next trip to CO to visit as well. I'm excited there is finally one nearer to us! looks like you all had a blast! Does that one have a bistro with it?
Blessings,
gayly

Christine said...

I'm sorry to hear about your little fella! I hope he is feeling better soon.
We went through the AG phase. I miss it! My daughter is now in junior high with dyed black hair and skinny jeans. Sigh.
In the garage I found a box of half finished AG clothes and an AG gift certificate. When I asked her about them....she just said she was toooo old. Sigh. What to do with them now? Swap em I guess.

Oh well, enjoy them while they are little. They sure are cute!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Catching up with your blog. Such sweetness here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails