Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Monday, June 14, 2010

Trimmed with Love Winners

There were so many beautiful entries. I am so humbled by all of your talents. But there was one person I was blown away by, and that's Robyn who made this gorgeous dress. She writes,

"Hey Melissa this is my second entry my daughter Jordyn's baptism/communion dress. I had seen a dress similar to this one and wanted to copy it. The one I saw was made with English netting and the lace alone would cost $325 (I know what the freak) So I went to a local lace store and found this Venice lace I liked it but thought that the lace would make my silk look cheap so I put the sheer over the lace and found the sheer lace that was the perfect shade of silk white I used the same lace on the sleeve with a beading lace to weave the ribbon through. Also I didn't know if beads counted as trim so I included a picture of the smocking and embroidery. I really hope that you like this one too."

Truly, this was trimmed with love. Robyn's business is called Sweet Angel Clothing. Perfect, right? Robyn, you receive Anna Maria Horner's new book, Jennifer Paganelli's four fat quarters and Carla Crim (aka the Scientific Seamstress) new patterns. Wow!

Second place goes to Nicole Scott of Cole's Corner and Creations. Isn't this dress beautiful?


Okay Nicole, you receive four fat quarters from Buttercuppity and a pattern of your choice from V&Co.

Third place goes to Candace who sent me this fabulous entry:

Candace receives the Smarty Girl Bookbag pattern from Heather Bailey and Miss Clarice's Apron from Prairie Flower Farms.

That leaves me this honorable mentions, so in no particular order:
Lyanna, who receives another Smarty Girl Bookbag pattern.

Judy who receives Julie of Jaybird Quilt's pattern and fat quarters.

Beverly who made this adorable towel receives two Amy Butler patterns. She also has the tutorial on her blog site.

And finally to Holly, I am donating all my Amy Butler LOVE bits and pieces.

I could go on and on. There were so many close calls on winners. This was SOOO much fun! So, I need to thank Christy and Marie for helping me by being judges. Thank you to Anna Maria, Jennifer, Carla, Ari, Vanessa, Heather, Linda, Julie and Amy for donating prizes. I couldn't have done it without you (even though most of you fabulous people aren't even reading this!)

And most of all thanks to all of you who entered the contest. It was truly so much fun for me. I hope it was for you too. If you won, make sure to e-mail me with your address and thank whoever sponsored your prize.

Thanks everyone!

Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests. Luke 2:14

Love,
xoxo

19 comments :

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Wow....all of these projects are beautiful :) :) I'm impressed!!! Congrats to all the winners :) :) :)

The baptismal/christening gown is simply breathtaking...so beautiful :) :)
Love, hugs, greetings from Oregon,
Heather :)

Kelly said...

Congrats to the winners! I think you chose the perfect grand prize winner--that gown is STUNNING!

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

I had picked the baptismal gown too! Congratulations on all the winners! Great choices for sure!

Gale, Ky quilter said...

Congratulations to the winners! People are so talented!!!

Tonya's Sewing Room said...

congrats to all the winners, great job...I love that gown as well...

SewCalGal said...

I love the heirloom dress and all the winners too. Great fun.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Christie said...

Congrats to the winners! That gown that won first place is absolutely beautiful. Great job everyone!!!

Mama Lusco said...

Good choices, Judges! It was fun to see all the beautiful designs and trimmings. Nice work, ladies!

Needled Mom said...

They were all wonderful and congratulations to the winners. It was such fun to see the gorgeous work.

Cole's Corner said...

Oh my!!! That gown is fabulous!

I can't believe I won second place. :)

I'm so excited! :)

2 Giggle Boxes said...

Congrats to all of the winners! AMAZING baptismal gown...just beautiful!
Sarah

Adalita said...

Wow, what awesome winners we have. That baptismal gown was exquisite.
I loved Nicole's dress it was so cute and bright! Candace's headband was super pretty too. Congrats to all other winners too.

CourtneysMommy said...

wow, such beautiful creations! Congrats to all the winners! I am so shocked I won 3rd place! :) {woohoo}

carmel said...

congrats to all the winners - your work is amazing!
and thanks to melissa for the fun contest!

Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com said...

Goodness! Those were some amazing winners. I'm really tickled to have an honorable mention! Thanks so much Melissa! :)

Sabra said...

perfect choices for the winners! I loved all of those. It was a great contest, Melissa. Thanks!

Ravenhill said...

Oh, these are such fabulous projects! I just love them all. A huge congratulations to the winners!

Join me in my give away? Just drop by my blog.

Ammie said...

Congrats to the winners. It's so fun to see all of the beautiful projects!

Vickie E said...

I didn't get to participate :( i just simply couldn't find the time. All my blogging has been ahead...scheduled basically. I do love to see the items that were entered. Congrats to the winners.

Related Posts with Thumbnails