Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer Ruffle Dress

Hello friends! Have you seen the cute Spring Ruffle Top by Made by Rae? I've been eyeing it for awhile, but had never made it. Then I won Jennifer Paganelli's drawing for a fat quarter of the entire line of Poodle! (I know, don't hate me. I couldn't believe it either.)

So it's summer and I wanted a dress. I barely changed up this easy and well-fitting pattern and here are the results. All fat quarters. 3 looks, 1 dress and 1 very happy Mama!



I am just in LOVE with pleats right now. This dress has them in the back and the front.




Don't forget the back! I almost didn't add pockets so I could reverse it. LOVE this Poodle fabric. Thanks Jennifer!


If the LORD is pleased with us, he will lead us into that land, a land flowing with milk and honey, and will give it to us. Numbers 14:7-9
Love,
xoxo

12 comments:

LB3K said...

That is SOOOO cute! I really, really like the pleats and the fabric is so yummy! Great job!

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

YOU ARE SO CUTE! CUTE CUTE CUTE! I love this! Great job!

Patty said...

Very cute Melissa.

Tonya's Sewing Room said...

love it, so springy and cute

Needled Mom said...

Love it and the fabrics are fabulous!

Jenny said...

you ARE the pleat princess Melissa! the dress looks fabulous!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

this is so cute and I love all the pretty colors!!! You know what...I have a sewing machine brand new...sitting in the box for four years now.and I've never used it. It's high time to get it out and make something...Thanks for sharing the photo!!! Very pretty!! Hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Green Gracie Home said...

I saw you on the Sis Boom site and had to visit. What a yummy dress (oh, and I love your dresser in the background too). It is gorgeous.

Marie said...

Very cute Melissa! I really like it!

sydney @ memorable minutes said...

oh my gosh that is SEW cute. if only could sew well and not just little scarves and embellishments. i fear for an actual outfit. i have flashbacks o a certain cosby episode!

Stephanie Cameron said...

That is just darling!! I love the ruffled shoulder/sleeve thing. I just love feminine details. Cute!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh I adore this project. It is going in my style file for sure!

Happy 4th of July!

Related Posts with Thumbnails