In the meantime, I'm going to a quilt show in Wray, Colorado Saturday. (Come join me! I went last year and it was fabulous.) And I have a few entries, so I thought I REALLY should label them.
So here is an easy peasy tutorial.
1. Cut a 5 inch square from white or muslin or something your writing will show up on .
2. Press 1/4" all around the block.
3. Cut a 6 1/2 inch square from a fabric which coordinates with your quilt.
4. Center the 5" square on the 6 1/2" square and sew around all four sides.
5. Now press 1/4" all around the 6 1/2" block.
6. Write all your info with a special permanent quilt market available in quilt shops.
7. Whipstitch this by hand to the quilt.
Done! Of course you can probably figure out how to do this just by looking at mine, but maybe this will inspire you to label your quilts. Let me know!
Oh and come see me in Wray.
Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4