Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Monday, June 21, 2010

Fine Lines

Okay, here it is: my fabric news! I just wanted to make sure the t's were crossed and the i's dotted before I shared, so please forgive the wait.

So, there I was a market, which was a dream come true for me. And in between appointments with fabric companies, of course I was wandering. Visiting booths of beautiful fabric, patterns and my favorite designers. Oh. Could still do a little joy dance.

Anyway I wandered down an aisle and a woman started talking to me.

Lovely woman: I know I shouldn't say this about someone else's fabric, but I love your stuff.

Me: Oh. This is no one's fabric. I mean it's mine, but I'm looking for a company.

Lovely woman: I'm a company. Come talk to me.

Turns out the lovely woman was Sue Penn, the president of Fine Lines Fabric. You haven't heard of it, you say? Well probably because it's very, very new. But her fabric and quilt were on the cover of Quilt Magazine this month.


She offered me a contract. I told her I had to think about it. She said to pray about it. (You know I like that!)

In the end, I was offered contracts with two other companies. Big companies that you would know. But when I prayed about it, over and over again I was led back to Sue. And now I know we will make wonderful things together!

So I'm a fabric designer. And I'm a Fine Lines woman. Whoo hoo!



Just between us, this is just the beginning.

Love,
xoxo

25 comments:

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

Woo hoo! But I have to say I cannot wait to SEE your fabric! Very exciting stuff!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Congrats...that's wonderful news. I love people who say "Pray about it first"...That wise!!!! Hugs, Heather :)

Chris said...

Congratulations. What an exciting development for you and your family.

Patty said...

Good stuff will be coming your way. :^) Can't wait to see what you came up with. When is the big reveal?

Needled Mom said...

Oh yeah!!! Congratulations!

grammy and papi said...

That is just WONDERFUL!! God is so good!! Congratulations.

I love your blog and am sure I will also love your fabric.

Have a God Filled Day
Shirley

Mama24Monkeys said...

What wonderful news! I am so happy for you. Good Luck on your new venture (and can't wait to see what you have in store for us!)

Erin said...

I am still just over the moon excited for you! And a teensy-weensy bit jealous!

I can't wait to see your gorgeous fabrics, because let's face it... it's YOU! :)

Laurel H. said...

Congratulations!! And, like you, I especially like the part about praying about it. :) A sign of a GREAT relationship!

Mary Grace McNamara said...

How exciting! Congratulations! Can't wait to see what's coming in the future!

MGM

Nicole said...

Congrats!!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Congratulations! I hope this will be a wonderful experience for you. I have a sign in my quilting room - "Prayer Changes Things". It is always good to pray first.

Jenny said...

PUSH
pray until something happens!!

congratulations Melissa!

Donna S. said...

Very kool!! Congratulations.

Mama Lusco said...

So fantastic! I'm happy you're a Fine Lines designer and am excited to see what you've planned. What a blessing!

Laurie said...

How exciting!! Congratulations Melissa - wishing you great success :)

Goosegirl said...

How exciting!! I can't wait to see it all!!

Tonya's Sewing Room said...

how awesome for you melissa..i can't wait to see

Carla Hegeman Crim said...

Soooooo exciting!!! I can't wait to see your designs! Congratulations!!!

iris*hill said...

I hope Lisa will carry your line!! Can't wait to see it. Miss seeing you!

Genie Robinson said...

Congratulations and best wishes for many happy and rewarding years in your new venture. It is all so exciting. Even at 71, I get goosebumps just thinking about it. I will be following your designs, and please keep us all posted on all you are doing. Again, I wish you only the best. YOU GO, GIRL!!!!! Hugs...Genie

Becky said...

so excited for you Melissa! I will definitely want to get a hold of your fabric once its available...just b/c its yours. What an awesome adventure God has you on! Guess my prayer was answered...in Dec I prayed that He would bless you in a big way for the blessing you are to me!

Melissa P said...

Congratulations, Melissa!! So happy for you. And looking forward to all the wonderful things you create.

Sabra said...

how is that I don't even know you and I totally am so excited? And what a great story, too!!

Green Gracie Home said...

Can't wait to see it...especially after seeing all the other awesome things you do. Congrats!

Related Posts with Thumbnails