Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Friday, May 28, 2010

Trimmed with Love Contest

I need a distraction. I'm going a little bit crazy trying to choose a fabric company for my designs. I know, a good problem to have, huh? Does that make me a fabric designer? Hmm. Give me your thoughts on that one. Maybe not until the fabric actually comes out.

Anyway, I decided to have a contest. You know I'm all about the details, right? And I truly LOVE trim. Here's a little something I picked up from a fabric store I visited the other day.
Don't hate me, but these antique trims were 50 cents a yard (!) and I bought them all. For a whopping total of $6.50.

In a couple of days, we'll start, but tell me if you're interested.

The rules:
Each person can enter two different things which they have embellished, trimmed, or bedazzled. (I threw that last one in for the fun or it.) It has to be handmade by you, but it doesn't have to be sewn. Get your wheels turning!

Over the next couple of days, I'm going to round up some awesome prizes and figure out how to use Mr. Linky. Or is it McLinky? Anyway . . .

Judging will be based on the overall project, not just the trim. But it does have to include trim! I'll be pretty liberal about this: beads, lace, ribbon, ric rac, eyelet, etc etc etc. Hopefully I will have a little judging panel of myself, my sis Christy and my cousin Marie (both of a Dozen Quilters.) I guess that's it. Comment if you are excited about it or if you have any questions. I'll try to respond to the question comments in the comment section.

Love,
xoxo

20 comments :

Lisa Marie said...

I see you added the button code, YAY!
I don't know what's going on with all of the companies but I can imagine it's a bit stressful and I don't envy you, but yet I do!
As far as a trim contest, I really only have one thing that I've made that's decked out in trim and embellishments, unless you count my SYTYCQ "Vintage" quilt. But it sounds like fun!

Jenny said...

im just getting ready to add some 'bling' to some dish towels for my moms camper, Im in!

and Im not very blinging, so i hope ric rac counts!!

LB3K said...

Okay- this sounds too fun! How long will we have? I am SOOO behind! How do you get it all done?

Needled Mom said...

Sounds like fun! I love your great bargain on the trims.

Lisa Marie said...

PS - That one second from the bottom would look AWESOME with some Heather Bailey Pop Garden Sway!!!! Do you have any left? I'm thinking of getting some online and re-stocking my Daisy Chain too! haha

Linda B said...

I love trim, and tend to go a bit nutso when I find it on sale. Then I'm stumped on how to use it. But, eventually it gets used. I'd love to enter your contest.

crafterhours said...

Fun contest! Ok, I have some trim that I've been meaning to stick on a tank, but if I get really productive and make my own tank, I'll put the trim on there and enter it. How bout that?!

Oh, and hurry up and pick a company so we can see your (sure to be) beautiful fabric!

-A

Mama Lusco said...

Sounds like fun! I need to go rummage through my odds & ends drawer to find some fun trims :)

Carmen Rigby said...

I'm interested! I've got all kinds of bedazzlement to bestow!

I love your trims; my mom has DRAWERS FULL of stuff like that. It's almost like shopping at a free candy store when I go over there. :)

Tonya's Sewing Room said...

I would like to enter this....how many items can we enter?

prashant said...

Sounds like fun!
Adsense Alternative

Christie said...

This sounds fun! I have my own little thing going on with my blog and found this somehow...not even sure how I ended up here but I'm glad I did! So if I have time, I'd love to. When does it end? Awesome prizes! Wow! Thanks for the chance!!!

Christie said...

I have another question. So this week I am planning on making something for my blog challenge I'm doing (no contest, no prizes or anything) and it is going to have bias tape to trim ruffles (I think, if I can pull it off with my weak sewing skillz). Anyways, if I entered that would it be ok? Assuming I get it done and it works out?

Patty said...

I'm not a trim person but maybe I'll give it a whirl.

Sabra said...

Man! I'm going on vacation in four days and I don't know if I'll have time for this. Maybe I can throw something together, though. We'll see. It really sounds like fun. I'm putting your button on my blog now!

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

I am on vacation but count me in! I have tons of trim I have been itching to use! I will be back in time to whip something out,

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

If it helps any I will buy from all fabric cos. But my fave to handle are Free Spirit and Moda. They are softer feeling.

carmel said...

does it have to be something new that we make for this contest?
or is it based on stuff we might have made in the past?
im asking cues im thinking of something i allredy made
thanks!

Gale, Ky quilter said...

Love this contest! Not sure where to leave my comment for this contest but here goes and hope this gets me entered to win one of these terrific prizes. I made a purse for my Mother with some embellishments that I am emailing you.
Thanks!

galew417@comcast.net

Kelly said...

Does it have to be made for this contest or can it be something we made recently? I just finished a mini-quilt for a swap that I embellished with beading. Would this be ok to enter?

Related Posts with Thumbnails