Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Thursday, April 15, 2010

SYTYCQ Round 2 and a WINNER!

If I counted right, there were 97 individual entries. So by virtue of random.org, the winner is #92 Carmel from Israel! How cool is that? Carmelita, this sounds funny, but I have been on your blog several times before. I can't remember the original reason why.

Okay, so I was very tricky this month and made a very, very hard quilt by combining two old quilt patterns. I quilted it myself because Lisa had surgery, so I spent most of the month working solely on this project. Plus I got to use some of my favorite new fabrics! It certainly wasn't the most popular quilt, but I think it's beautiful and wouldn't trade it for anything. It hangs on my bedroom wall and I can see it every morning and every night.


By the way, I thought most of the quilts were very nice this month. Certainly better than last month. So it will be interesting to see what comes next.

It's almost my birthday! Come back tomorrow for a big giveaway.

Do not let this book of the Law depart from your mouth. Meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be propserous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged. For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:8-9

Love,
xoxo

8 comments :

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

That quilt is unbelievable!
Great work.

Lisa Marie said...

I really do love your quilt! It's just beautiful and I know how much work you put into it. It's so original and creative and just amazing. Just like you! =]

Eve said...

I always love your quilt colors. I thought it was funny when I saw yours because I had originally intended on hand piecing hexagons and binding it around the hexes, but then I thought to myself, "I don't have the energy". I am sure that was a TON OF WORK.

Jenny said...

congrats on making it thru another round Melissa! very creative quilt, love to hear you get to look at it every morning! thats awesome!

grammy and papi said...

LOVE your quilt!! Someday in the future, maybe I can do something almost awesome.

Have a God Filled Day
Shirley

carmel said...

thanks so so much
i am so happy and very suprized that you all ready visited my blog! how wonderfull is that?
and your quilt is amazing! it actualy was my second choice. i was wondering if to pick this one or the white one, but then i went with the white quilt cues i just love white... like everyone i guess..

thanks again for the great giveaway!

you made my day! {its now 9:45 pm so you made my night!}

Emily said...

You might enjoy this: http://emilyscraftblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/if-youre-bored-its-your-own-fault.html

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts with Thumbnails