Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Our New Babies and My New Kitchen

We took ourselves down to Orschelns Farm and Home this afternoon and bought some new girls to add to our hen house. We have a side of our chicken house devoted solely to chicks (I think it's called a brooder?) and it has been empty way too long. So now we have six new girls living it up in there.


Emilie's not quite sure.


For the past seven years this is how my kitchen has looked. Dark red walls. I was happy with it for six years. Then I decided I wanted to paint. Can you believe it took a whole year to get to that point? Anyway, my sweet, adorable sissy came over and we painted it up all weekend. I'm pretty drained now. But the result is the opposite end of the spectrum: soft green. Since I'm sort of shabby chic, I guess, this is much better for me. Plus the kitchen opens up to my sunny dining room and living room and I wanted to let the sunshine in!

Next up, decorating. And probably a rummage sale.

Listen, my son, to your father's instruction and do not forsake your mother's teaching. They will be a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck. Proverbs 1:8-9

Love,
xoxo

6 comments :

Lisa Marie said...

Yay you got it done! I thought you said you were going with super light yellow?
I like it green anyway.
Yard sale? Hmmmm..............

Jenny said...

wow Melissa, looks like you had a busy weekend! i love the color...took me all of about 4 months living in our new house before I couldnt live with the robin egg blue kitchen!! maize color suits me better now. painting sure changes a room, doesnt it? i love rummage sales!!!

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

The paint color is gorgeous! Such a sweet picture with the chick!

Jan said...

Love, love, love the color you chose! Looks awesome and so cheery!

Sabra said...

love the color.

and chickens. sigh. I can't even begin to tell you how much I want a few hens. We're not zoned for them, which makes NO sense since we don't even have a grocery store in our town!

teresamnj said...

Pretty! My hubby is wanting to get some chickens and build a chicken coop. I'm not so sure though, LOL.

Related Posts with Thumbnails