Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

the Dough

Did everyone have a happy Easter? I know we did. Beautiful weather and a weekend with my parents. It was so nice to be home.

Today is the start of a new weekly feature called "the Dough." You send me your bread recipes and I feature someone each week.

First up is Jenny Fish of Sew Pretty Dresses.  And this is one of my favorite dresses that she has made, although she's always coming up with new great ones.

But you're all here for the recipe. She sent me a recipe for a very sweet bread called German Chocolate Cake Bread. I knew I had to make it for Easter weekend, because German Chocolate is my dad's favorite. Turns out we all loved it, even those of us who don't care for coconut! Here's the (easy) recipe:

German Chocolate Cake Bread

1 Package German Chocolate Cake Mix
3 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1 cup water
1/2 can coconut pecan frosting (yup, you throw it right into the mix)
1/4 cup sour cream

Mix in order given, bake in greased and floured pans at 350 for 40 to 50 min. Makes 2 loaves.

It's all gone, but boy was it good! You'll have to try it. And to those of you who sent me e-mails last week, your turn is coming! Stay tuned . . .


Love,
xoxo

4 comments :

Ty & Nancy Mackey said...

did you make these dresses too?! They are completely adorable!!

Needled Mom said...

Sounds soo yummy. I will have to send you my grandmother's egg bread recipe.

Love the cute little dress. That is just precious.

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

That bread doesn't stick around here long let me tell you! Love the dresses your girls are wearing! Glad you liked my daughter's Easter dress! Thanks for such a sweet complement.

Jenny said...

wow, now that recipe looks interesting...might have to try it...thanks for the bread posts, im gonna give bread a try!

Related Posts with Thumbnails