Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

the Dough, Week 3

(not my cake, but it looks similar)

Okay, it's been crazy around here for awhile. I haven't made bread for a bit, but I did make myself a lovely coffee cake on my birthday. So I thought I'd share the recipe. Sound good? If you e-mailed me recipes, don't worry. I will get to them (I promise!)

•2 cups flour, sift before measuring

•1 teaspoon baking soda
•1 teaspoon baking powder
•1/2 cup butter, room temperature
•1 cup sugar
•2 eggs, lightly beaten
•1 teaspoon vanilla
•1/2 cup sour cream
•1/4 cup heavy cream

Topping
•1/4 cup flour
•3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
•1/4 teaspoon salt
•1/4 cup butter, room temperature

Preparation:

Into a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder.

In another mixing bowl cream together butter with sugar until fluffy and light; add egg and vanilla and mix well. Add half of the dry ingredients, mixing just until flour is blended. Blend in sour cream and cream then stir in remaining dry ingredients.

Spread half of batter lightly into a greased and floured 10" tube pan. Sprinkle half of Topping and spread with remaining batter. Sprinkle with remaining Topping. Bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes.

I actually saved all the topping for the top (which becomes the bottom) of the cake and put cinnamon and sugar mixed together in the middle as well as sprayed the pan with Pam and then sprinkled cinnamon and sugar all around the pan to prevent sticking.
Sour Cream Coffee Cake Topping: Mix together flour, sugar and salt. Add butter in small pieces. Work butter in with hands until mixture is crumbly.

By the way, birthday candles and hair are a dangerous combo. Emilie burned her bangs on my cake! Not too much damage though.
Love,
xoxo

3 comments :

Needled Mom said...

Oh yum...that looks and sounds delicious.

Lisa Marie said...

When I was 12 or 13 or so, I tried to make a coffee cake because I *love* coffee cake. I think you can imagine how it turned out when I tell you that for a coffee cake recipe, "BS" does not stand for "baking soda"!

Sabra said...

I love coffee cake! that looks so good.

Hey, I've been meaning to ask you...Can you show a little bit about how you made your Easter skirt? I seriously daydream about it, I love it so much. Please?

Related Posts with Thumbnails