Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Friday, March 5, 2010

My Studio



It's popular these days to call your sewing room a studio. It doesn't make any difference to me, although in this house it is officially my sewing room! I always enjoy seeing other peoples, so I thought maybe you'd like to see mine.

This is my sunny place. I LOVE this room! It makes me so happy every time I go in there, even if it isn't all neat and picked up.


The artwork on the wall is some my grandma made. I also have prints from my kids and some from me.


The table on the other side of the room is where I paint and work on this computer. (Although it's a laptop and tends to follow me around the house. Hmm, supper's in the oven. I should check my e-mail!)


My husband actually made these closet doors for me. I don't mean hung. I mean made. From scratch. He's so amazing with wood and built most of this house. But I think these doors wow me most of all. I found the stained glass windows on e-bay.


Ooh la la. The source of my happiness! What else can I say? The baskets all contain scraps sorted by color. Most are overflowing. I admit I have a problem.


The kids keep some of their craft supplies in here too. That way we can all play together. And sewing is playing for me.

I'll draw for the winner of the jellyroll next time. In the meantime, sign up to follow me for a chance to win. And for an extra chance, enter a few pictures of my tutorials on my flickr page.

Love,
xoxo

14 comments :

Needled Mom said...

I always call my room a "sewing room" too. "Studio" sounds so dignified! Your room looks perfect. I would hate to show a photo of mine. The creative mess would shock everyone.

I love the fact that your children have their stuff in there too. My children used to always be in my creative space with me and I loved those special days.

I love your doors. Those are amazing. You have a very talented DH.

Enjoy your weekend.

SewCalGal said...

You have a very cute sewing room (aka studio). I'll admit my "sewing room" is a bedroom that was turned into a sewing room (no more guests can sleep over).

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Rosa-Munda said...

Hi Melissa,
I love your sewing room - it looks so calm and peaceful (and tidy too!!) I especially love your wonderful cupboards and stained glass. Thank you for sharing. Ros

Crystal Hendrix said...

WOW I am rather jealous of your sewing room or "studio"! I have to share mine in the computer/dining area! But I think my favoritest thing is your walls! I LOVE THEM! :D So pretty!

Erin said...

I am in AWE! I love the stripes on the wall! And your closet doors are drool-worthy! WTG Melissa's hubby. Glad you have such a neat space to play in!

Lisa Marie said...

I love your playroom. All of the bright, cheery colors are great for inspiration.

Jenny said...

oh wow, Melissa, I so envy your organization and your doors!!! gorgeous!!!! and im assuming you might have a little more fabric stashed behind door number 3?? :)
you make lots of beautiful things in this room! i was thinking about moving the kids crafts into my sewing room too...you've done a great job doing that!

Katie B. said...

Great space! I love your bulletin board.

tricityty said...

WOW! So Jealous! Great room! I have to sew in my kitchen, my second child came and took over my room! But I wouldn't trade her!

Stacy (S.E.W.Butterfly) said...

You have a really nice sewing room! I love the closet doors your husband made for you...how cool is that?! I also love your lilac chest of drawers! ;D

quiltcetera said...

I covet those closet doors. Wow.
Bradie

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Really a nice work space.

Snellwoman said...

Melissa, I was so inspired by seeing your sewing room. It's a great way to look at things, play time. It's so important for us also as adults. And I'm sure your kids love your time together. :) I don't have my creation station quite as organized now, but I'm getting there...so much more fun to create than to clean up! Scrap art is my favorite right now and jewelry making. Spiral rings etc. I just love how you have a little problem...the overflowing baskets. That's a very good kind of problem! Best wishes art sis' I'm a big fan of your work! HUGS :) Pia

Snellwoman said...

Oh, and the doors are absolutely amazing! My favorite in the room is how the colored ribbons are hanging. I've been thinking of doing something like that too. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails