Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I'm Domesticated



Have you seen the Domesticated Skirt? Sabra from Sew a Straight Line shared her tutorial, and may I just say that I love it! I get tired of my "mom outfit." Which is basically jeans and a shirt. So I set out to make myself a few skirts. Two done, two to go. When I found this tutorial, I was enchanted. It's not only pretty, it's reversible and excessively easy. She had a few problems keeping the inside where it was supposed to be, but by topstitching 3/4 of the way down the seam where the two fabrics come together and putting a few stitches where it bends inside on the hem, I had no problems. I did encounter a different problem though. You make it to fit your waist or right under the waist. But my hips are bigger than that area. Luckily for me, (ha ha) I am quite small busted, so I can slip the skirt over my head. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to get it on. It's probably best for those shaped like boys (no hips) or small busted like me. Overall, though, you can't beat the quickness and easiness of this one and I'm so thankful Sabra thought it up.

She considers a field and buys it;

out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.
She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.
Proverbs 31: 16-18


Love,
xoxo


6 comments :

Tonya's Sewing Room said...

so pretty, love it.......you cut off your pretty face? your so talented

Lisa Marie said...

I agree. You should stop cutting off your face!
And oh! oh! oh! I am SO happy you posted this! I went back to Denver on Monday and with 20 minutes before my appointment, I *of course* ran over to the quilt shop really quick! I ended up buying another yard of a Heather Bailey Nicey Jane print that I already have, and a yard of a coordinate that I didn't really have a plan for at all. But now I do! :) Thank you!
PS - Guess who's going back to work tomorrow??? YAY!

Emily said...

How fun! I wore a skirt yesterday for a few hours and it was just too fun. I thought maybe I could make myself some cute house dresses!

Mama Lusco said...

so pretty! I have this one on my 'To Do' list, too. Thanks for the tip about bigger hips - I'm blessed that way :)

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

Very cute! I found you through Sisboom Sightings on Flkr. Love your blog. I am a follower now! Woo hoo!

Jan said...

What an adorable skirt!

Related Posts with Thumbnails